Sponsor Directory

NEW MODEL - NEW BUILD 23' Vengeance - FOR SALE!

Moderator: Maxrat

NEW MODEL - NEW BUILD 23' Vengeance - FOR SALE!

Postby PWELD » Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:54 pm

Here we go, we are kicking off a new build in our new shop! We will be offering it for sale at a model introductory price.

This boat is a brand new design from the ground up using the latest in CAD and CNC technologies. With our Precision CNC design the boat will be super strong and yet remain light. Using Precision cut plate in place of extrusion we are able to use much taller longitudinal and lateral supports and interlock the structure for a super strong design. In addition our keel is extra strong with a hunk of 3/8" 5086 plate running the length with 1/4" plate doublers serving as a beaching plate. Even our cabin supports and roof is formed from plate. :o

This boat is going to be bad ass and will rip!

Plans are for a 6.2 DI and a 212, but the boat is set up for any engine or even a 241.

We will be offering this model from 20' to 25' in both high deck and open walk around hatch configurations.

• 8.5’ beam
• 11 degree deadrise
• 7’ bottom
• 36.5” tall sides
• 1/4” thick bottom
• 1/8” thick sides with two stiffening v crimps
• 3/8” center vertical keel
• 1/4” beaching plate
• 3/8" delta pad
• Billet intake block
• Center stick steer
• Air ride suspension helm
• Two bench seats
• Gull wing doors to access bow from main cabin
• Center sunroof hatch
• High deck with white water rails
• 100+ gallon step fuel tank
• Precision formed lateral and longitudinal framing
• Precision formed cabin with up to 7’ of headroom
• Overhead stowage bins with integrated speakers
• Large sliding side windows with roof drip guard

The plate is in the shop and we'll be setting up the jig in the next week or so. Stay tuned!

:Drink:

- Adam
Attachments
FB1.JPG
FB2.JPG
ven3.JPG
FB4.JPG
FB5.JPG
fb6.JPG
PWELD
Deck Swab

Re: NEW MODEL - NEW BUILD 23' Vengeance - FOR SALE!

Postby Fishbucket » Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:20 pm

Hi There
What would an introductory price be on a 25’ twin with fuel injected small blocks of your choice with 212 pumps? I am interested in upgrading to a twin, but have thought the only way I could afford one was to wait until the next downturn in the economy and find one someone needs to sell.

Thoughts ?

Thanks
Pete
Fishbucket
Beer Boy

Postby Fishbucket » Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:21 pm

Hi There
What would an introductory price be on a 25’ twin with fuel injected small blocks of your choice with 212 pumps? I am interested in upgrading to a twin, but have thought the only way I could afford one was to wait until the next downturn in the economy and find one someone needs to sell.

Thoughts ?

Thanks
Pete
Fishbucket
Beer Boy

Postby smitty » Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:22 pm

Looks good from here. I kinda miss working with CAD
boat, motor, squirt nozzle
smitty
Captain

Postby PWELD » Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:00 pm

Fishbucket wrote:Hi There

Thoughts ?

Thanks
Pete

Pete,

We'd love to build a boat for you, give us a ring at the shop at 360.317.6154.

Thanks,

Adam
PWELD
Deck Swab

Postby fuzzyzuk » Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:27 pm

Looking forward to watching this build
fuzzyzuk
Forum Enthusiast

Postby PWELD » Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:08 pm

Finally got to this beast and boy is it sweeeet!

A few big differences in this boat. Built in a fixed frame jig, this boat is as straight as an arrow. All 5086 CNC cut and formed framing. This allows better corrosion resistance, better drainage, and is stronger as welded than 6061 hull stiffener extrusion. The boat also has a full 3/8" 5086 keel which allows for much stronger double fillet welds versus a typical butt weld. Also a 3/8" delta pad in the back with plenty of room to service any engine you might think of. Strong, lightweight, fab'd and welded with PRECISION!

We can't hardly wait to take this one for a rip. Cabin goes on in the next week or so, the pump is here, just need someone that wants an awesome jet boat to pick a motor!

:chicken:
PWELD
Deck Swab

Postby PWELD » Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:57 am

Here's a few more.

Everything is CNC cut and formed and all locks together for for a perfect fit.

Structure all ties together to transfer load.

Welded out with Precision!

-Adam
PWELD
Deck Swab

Postby Ahusk » Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:31 am

It's nice to see someone in the whitewater boat market actually do stringers right. Nice work fellas. I am sure someone will be very happy with this boat.
Ahusk
Captain

Postby waylon » Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:43 pm

Next Level for sure!!
"Only God knows why"
waylon
Master Baiter

Postby jetboatwanabe » Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:37 pm

Ahusk wrote:It's nice to see someone in the whitewater boat market actually do stringers right. Nice work fellas. I am sure someone will be very happy with this boat.

So I have always heard not to weld cross brace structure to bottom of boat as I creates a sheer point to tare open with rock strike?? Is this not true?? A novice trying to learn!! I am. :Drink1: :bash:
Rock Hauler, still gathering parts and saving money, getting wet soon but still paddling for now!
jetboatwanabe
Master Baiter

Postby PWELD » Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:02 pm

jetboatwanabe wrote:
Ahusk wrote:It's nice to see someone in the whitewater boat market actually do stringers right. Nice work fellas. I am sure someone will be very happy with this boat.

So I have always heard not to weld cross brace structure to bottom of boat as I creates a sheer point to tare open with rock strike?? Is this not true?? A novice trying to learn!! I am. :Drink1: :bash:

It's not a shear point issue, it's more of an issue with denting the hull when rolling over boulders. If you check out the pics the transverse structure doesn't touch the bottom, with the exception of in the bow where we have a longitudinal tie in plate, above water line, the forward transverse frames at the outboard edges, and at the engine bulkhead. I'm of the opinion that you gotta have something unless you like your boat all loosey goose and enjoy cracked out welds. We use almost all 5086 plate for our bottoms and structure. Of the many advantages, one is our as welded strength. Many builders opt to use a good bit 6061 extrusion with hull stiffeners and cabin construction. The challenge is 6061 loses near 1/2 it's strength when welded. On the other hand with 5086 there minimal to no degradation in as welded strength. This is why you see all the commercial boats constructed predominately out of 5086 and 5083 alloys.

This boat has a 1/4" bottom, a 3/8" delta, and another 1/4" beaching plate running the length all backed up by a 3/8" keel. If you shear a plate in this boat you probably got hit by a freight train and are dead. :lol:
PWELD
Deck Swab

Postby jetboatwanabe » Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:05 pm

PWELD wrote:Here's a few more.

Everything is CNC cut and formed and all locks together for for a perfect fit.

Structure all ties together to transfer load.

Welded out with Precision!

-Adam

Thanks sir I had this top pic 90 out in my head. novice here!!! :Drink1: :bash:
Rock Hauler, still gathering parts and saving money, getting wet soon but still paddling for now!
jetboatwanabe
Master Baiter

Postby JETBIGSKY 1 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:33 am

Question from a novice I see most builds with a 7 foot bottom have a nine foot beam and yours has a 8.5 beam is this for better performance and strength?
2006 Thunderjet Alexis 6.0L 212
JETBIGSKY 1
Beer Boy

Postby PWELD » Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:54 am

7' bottom is going to pack more weight, run shallower, have better stability, and get on step quicker over a 6.5' bottom. Additionally, with the 7' bottoms you have less flare/angle on the sides sheet angle which I think offers more protection as you are exposing 1/4" bottom versus an 1/8" side particularly up in the nose of the boat as sheet rolls to form the bow. It's certainly more expensive way to build over a 6.5' bottom boat. There is probably an argument to be made that a 6.5' bottom boat can squeeze between tighter spaced rocks, but it's 6" and I think there is more pros for a 7' bottom than cons.
PWELD
Deck Swab

Postby PWELD » Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:19 am

More pics of this baaaaddd asss build! :Drink:

PWELD
Deck Swab

Postby PWELD » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:12 am

Weld out is pretty much done! Jet install, highdeck and rails, fuel tank up next. That ain't tig either. :Drink:
Attachments
Resized_20200727_142321.jpeg
Resized_20200727_142118.jpeg
Resized_20200727_142010.jpeg
Resized_20200727_141929.jpeg
PWELD
Deck Swab

Postby PWELD » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:27 am

Bowcap

PWELD
Deck Swab

Postby Eagle1 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:30 am

That baby is coming together. Call me about a project. What is hull weight on this 23 ? I need to drive up and take a look.
Eagle1
Captain

Postby PWELD » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:35 pm

The weight is pretty good particularly considering the strength and structure. It's at about 2800 lbs for hull and cabin. We'll certainly run it across the scales when its all done up.

:Power:
PWELD
Deck Swab

Next

Return to Precision Weld Custom Jet Boats