Sponsor Directory

23' Open Guide Model

Moderator: Maxrat

23' Open Guide Model

Postby Maxrat » Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:37 pm

We started a new build of a 23' Open Guide center console boat which will be powered with a Raptor 440 and Hami 213. It will have rod gunnel lockers and a removable walk through windshield.

Maxrat
Forum Page Sponsor

Re: 23' Open Guide Model

Postby armor » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:32 am

Hey everyone,

Super busy getting things lined up and operational a long with everything else. It's been a ton of work, but wanted to give folks a quick update on this project and give folks an idea about what we can do. The customer wanted a 23' open guide with a center console and a removable front windshield.

We took over this project from Tom as a bare hull. From there we replicated the boat in 3D and modeled up all the little details. Following this, we had all the parts marked and cut on the CNC and then CNC formed.

This process ensures we work out all the little details upfront and makes for a better product. For example, a few of the challenges in this project were making sure the removeable windshield is light enough to remove without assistance from an overhead lift or anything else. We also had to work through the visibility from the console through both windshields and we wanted to maximize the space around the engine cover for maximum fishability. We were able to do this all of this virtually which enables us to develop the most optimized solution.

I am a bit of a nerd and I Iove boats and engineering. Hence, all future Precision Weld Boats will be built leveraging the highest tech 3D CAD in the marine industry and the latest CNC methodologies. I'm super excited to show the world what we can do.

The parts turned out great and the boat is going together quick. We'll post some more pics soon.

Thanks,

Adam
Attachments
003.JPG
002.JPG
001.JPG
armor
Deck Swab

Re: 23' Open Guide Model

Postby waylon » Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:08 pm

look forward to the future as well!!
"Only God knows why"