Sponsor Directory

Sacramento River jet boating redding area

Show your boat builds, updates, paint jobs, etc.

Sacramento River jet boating redding area

Postby Sprintjet12 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:32 pm

Wondering if anyone on here jet boats on the sac river? I spend a lot of time out there on my jet boat and rarely see another boater besides drift boats and guides. Nothing better than being on the river, I’m sure there has to be others that use the river for pleasure.
Sprintjet12
Deck Swab

Re: Sacramento River jet boating redding area

Postby Bobcat93 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:06 pm

There is a section for California further on down the board. Either search or post a new question there.
2005 Hewescraft 20' Sportjet
Bobcat93
Beer Boy

Postby AEP » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:09 pm

I've been jet boating the Sac before the drift boaters were there. I'm talking from the Possie Grounds down and Possie Grounds up. Years ago, on a weekend, we would fish the Sac for trout. On a rare occasion we would see somebody in a boat. Most boats were small car toppers with prop outboards. Many times we were the only ones out there. It was great. The Salmon were so thick, there were days you couldn't catch a trout because a Salmon would grab the plug. The Salmon were everywhere. Sure not many around these days.
In the mid-80's larger jet boats started appearing. I had a 14' Valco Scout with a 50hp Johnson with a jet pump. It did 22 mph wide open.

To this day I have never kept any of the trout. We would play them for a while then let them go.

That was a lot of fun.

Andy
AEP
Beer Boy

Postby c and a fish » Fri May 11, 2018 10:20 am

yep i was born and raised on the sac and i guide part time on the river also. we are pretty lucky to have it in our backyard.
c and a fish
Deck Swab

Return to Projects