Sponsor Directory

Almar Winter Project

Show your boat builds, updates, paint jobs, etc.

Almar Winter Project

Postby Montrob » Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:14 pm

So I've spent the last 3 days going through the projects pages on this site, I have to say the talent here is UNREAL. I'm brand new to the jet boating world, I've had a few different lake boats though.

I just bought a 1980 Almar not sure what model or any history on the boat, but I did see a picture of the boat on here, Dez posted it in the Almar Roll Call thread.
Its got a 351W in it, not to sure on the pump.

First thing on the list is to fix a broken leaf spring on the trailer and hopefully the weather is decent enough on Sunday to get it in the local lake to see how it runs.

Plans for the winter are
-Welded windshield and likely a hard top, might look into the airplane skin like whee did, that turned out nice!
-High top and rails
-Electronics, have looked at a few, the Simrad GO9 XSE has my eye right now, but I'm open to suggestions if theres something better suited to river fishing.
-Possibly plastic on the hull. Is it possible to get the boat on the ground and roll it onto its side with the motor still installed? or is there a reason I haven't seen any people doing it that way?
- Seats, Managed to score some vinyl covered air ride seats from work.
- Floor, not sure what to do here. Plywood or sheet aluminum covered in Vinyl or Hydro Turf, saw alot of diamond plate, worried about that not being the nicest on bare feet.

So many great projects on this site, if I only had the funds to do them all!

Rob.
Attachments
Almar 4.jpg
Almar 3.JPG
Almar 2.JPG
Almar 1.jpg
Rob
Montrob
Deck Swab

Re: Almar Winter Project

Postby woodscavenger » Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:10 pm

Welcome to the Almar club. Built like tanks!!

Interesting rear setup. Whatcha gonna be towing with the ball hitch?
1985 Almar Lite 17'
1977 Evinrude 140 OB jet
woodscavenger
Deck Swab

Postby Montrob » Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:29 am

I'm not really sure? I assumed the previous owner was pulling tubes or something.
Rob
Montrob
Deck Swab

Postby wooldridge1 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:42 pm

Nice, keep the pics coming.

Joe
wooldridge1
Forum Enthusiast

Postby Montrob » Sat May 06, 2017 1:07 pm

Well spring is here and not much has happened with this beauty. I'm headed to get a lowrance LCX112 setup today. Decided I'm going to run it a few times before going nuts on upgrades. It should be in the water this week for its maiden voyage.
The one thing I do plan to do before fishing this boat is ditch the carpet. Read quite a bit on the different options, think I've decided on just herculiner on the aluminum floor, for the gunnels I want to do something like this picture. It's from an 07 hewes craft. Any one know where you can buy this kind of paint?

Thanks,
Rob
Attachments
IMG_0081.JPG
Rob
Montrob
Deck Swab

Return to Projects