Sponsor Directory

1.9 MTDI 17” custom built

Show your boat builds, updates, paint jobs, etc.

Re: 1.9 MTDI 17” custom built

Postby Blue_Dre » Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:54 am

Shakescreek, your boat sounds awesome. Your motor is making quite a bit more power than mine. Which impeller are you running in that AT309 and what kind of rpm and EGTs are you seeing?
Mine overpowers the pump now and I think it’s in the 150-160hp range. I am ordering the most aggressive impeller I can get. Should be interesting. That kind of fuel mileage is unheard of in jet boats haha. Mine I measure burns between 3 and 4 GPH, depending on how I drive it.
Blue_Dre
Deck Swab

Postby shakescreek » Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:09 pm

I'm running one of at's stainless hi-helix impellers cut to just a little more than AA specs, loads about the same as a standard 9.5", probably slightly harder than the 9.5" which would make it about a 3.5kw. It will spin it to 3680ish rpm at full throttle so should be making around 230hp. It hits about 1400 egt at full throttle and 35 lbs of boost. It will plane at 2000 if I'm light and my normal cruise is anywhere from 2200 to 2900 depending on load and how much of a hurry I'm in. Egt's at cruise are 750 to 1050ish depending on rpm. Cruise fuel burn can be anywhere from less than 2 gph to about 5gph again depending on what rpm I'm running at. I've never tried to calculate fuel burn at full throttle, but I rarely use that and only for a few seconds to get a load on step when I do. I am also running a droop snoot to keep the thrust line as low as possible and it seems to help with planing bigger loads. I also like the way the boat trims out and handles with the droop snoot. I put the tdi in spring of 07 and have about 2400 hours on it now and am very happy with the current set up, wouldn't trade this boat for any other jetboat I've ever rode in. Your boat sounds pretty nice as well and I'm sure will only get better as you get things fine tuned.
shakescreek
Beer Boy

Postby Blue_Dre » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:12 am

Shakescreek, sounds like a sweet setup. I have a Berkeley pump that I was planning to rebuild and maybe use one day. For now I’ll run this setup, but it would be a good upgrade I think, maybe a “B” impeller for my motor. I think this turbo will only support 160-170hp max. Thanks for the info.
Blue_Dre
Deck Swab

Postby shakescreek » Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:01 pm

If you do put the Berkeley in try an A first. I would guess your alh will pull an A fine and it's easy to cut it down if need be, if you start too small you'll need another impeller to go larger.
shakescreek
Beer Boy

Postby Blue_Dre » Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:43 pm

shakescreek wrote:If you do put the Berkeley in try an A first. I would guess your alh will pull an A fine and it's easy to cut it down if need be, if you start too small you'll need another impeller to go larger.

Yeah, I will, thanks.
Blue_Dre
Deck Swab

Previous

Return to Projects