Sponsor Directory

My new project, 2.0tdi rimfire

Show your boat builds, updates, paint jobs, etc.

Re: My new project, 2.0tdi rimfire

Postby fuzzyzuk » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:34 am

ya it looks great i got my spot booked for sept 18th lol :bs: wish i would have thought of booking sooner
fuzzyzuk
Forum Enthusiast

Postby tnairn » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:04 pm

And here is the top and wrap all done up!
Now I just need to find some more time to work out the kinks.
Attachments
A3BF1AD7-1425-4645-B129-3CE6EB3F3371.jpeg
5A505705-51E8-4EED-B5AB-75D1BE91B9B0.jpeg
tnairn
Master Baiter

Postby tnairn » Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:41 pm

Had a day to get my best friend and diesel mechanic out to help trouble shoot the issues. We went over to the Harrison river bay to go for a test run where he river has next to no current( I am a little nervous after our long float) we put the boat in the water... it idoled rough, then we went to get up on step and it got worse then went into limp mode. We shut the boat down saw there was two injector related codes and the promblematoc engine speed codes. Cleared the codes got the engine going on the first crank(a big relief). It started up and was misfiring a lot. Put the boat back on the trailer and went home to open up the valve cover and check out the issues. All of the injector hold down bolts were loose and allowing the injectors to lift up under boost. This may have been the main issue for the engine stalling out. ( the engine was assembled by a shop that specializes in VW diesels) I am not impressed as I paid good money to have the engine assembled. But at this point in time it is over a year since the work was done and I don’t see the point in harassing them. We took it to island 22 to see if this fixed anything. Like stated before I am nervous about the engine stalling so we just left the boat on the trailer for something to push against. Ran the engine up to 2500 and back to idol then up and down a few time, it just purred and was so smooth no missfires or codes.
Maybe one night this week we will get it out for some more testing and see if everything is good.
tnairn
Master Baiter

Postby submerciful » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:42 am

This is one of the best build threads I have seen on this site. Really hope it starts running good for ya :Drink: .....just curious, since you did most of the custom stuff yourself and Bean built the hull, what did High Caliber do?
submerciful
Deck Swab

Postby tnairn » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:50 pm

I believe it is high caliber design built by bean and the tunnel is a high caliber thing too.
tnairn
Master Baiter

Postby tnairn » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:38 pm

A lot of the nice wake boats have fancy trees at the Front of the trailer with steps, here is one of the two steps I am planning for the bow of the trailer, this is what I got made up on my breaks at work today.
Attachments
2A9B5019-6A5C-4E4C-9AFB-A6AC3BD3E965.jpeg
tnairn
Master Baiter

Previous

Return to Projects