Sponsor Directory

Cool place wife and I visited - 8/30/19

Photos of Kids and Family (Pets to!)

Cool place wife and I visited - 8/30/19

Postby wriver » Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:18 am

101_6968.JPG
Altitude Mine, Nevada. 17 miles travel distance south of Murphy Hot Springs, Idaho. Did trip with 50" wide side by side. Nothing wider can fit the trail!!! Not a route to take for the faint of heart.!!
wriver
Forum Enthusiast

Re: Cool place wife and I visited - 8/30/19

Postby Lincoln » Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:40 am

Is that up in the crater if Jarbidge mountain?
Lincoln
Captain

Postby wriver » Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:56 pm

Just north of Jarbidge peak, is somewhat of a bowl(faces north), and in that area. Right now the area is just below the patches of snow. Don't know how long the bridge, you must cross over, will last without repair. Travel over it with wings and a prayer. ###NOTE### - I think I left my Ray Ban sunglasses by the entrance to the mine. If found, I would like them back.
wriver
Forum Enthusiast

Postby Lincoln » Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:30 am

Thought I recognized it, it's been 30 years since I've been there. I don't remember a bridge and I don't recall it being even wide enough for a 4wheeler. Could have used a different route or it could have been pushed wider over the years. Cool it still looks the same. We used to cool our drinks in the ice.

We did a loop through there from Murphy Hot Springs to Jarbidge then back across the island.
Lincoln
Captain

Postby wriver » Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:26 am

Only way I've used and not heard of any other way in with or without a motorized vehicle. I thought this route was used by the miners. Could travel cross country another route. One side hill short section is very narrow and not much room for error. If wagons were used by miners, then route may have been different or at least wider in spots. Our dog really liked laying on the snow and ice at the entrance. East of the mine is a hunter's camp, next to the wilderness area, and getting ready for horse/hunting into the wilderness area.
wriver
Forum Enthusiast

Return to The Important Things In Life