Sponsor Directory

Jet Boat Newbie

Introduce yourself here.

Jet Boat Newbie

Postby Abc117 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:06 pm

Haven’t boated in decades and limited experience in TX lakes pretty simple boating. Came into possession of a 2004 Thunder Jet Luxor recently. Live on North Whidbey Island with starters intent to drop in cornet bay and begin to learn the Skagit River from the mouth, which is right behind me.
Plan of attack: WA boaters license, have boat checked out in marine shop, get familiar with operations under Deception Pass, and then start learning the skagit.

If anyone on this board is familiar with the Skagit River any information or advice would be appreciated. Is it a difficult or dangerous River to learn? Still gathering info as I can but don’t know how it all applies. Example river levels what is safe and where? The ultimate goal is to learn the river and start fishing and enjoying what it has to offer. Thx. Tim
Abc117
Deck Swab

Re: Jet Boat Newbie

Postby NoProplem » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:51 am

Welcome to Meanchicken! I don't have any local knowledge on that river, hopefully someone who does will read this shortly. I will say that "safe" is a very relative term that grows and evolves as you gain experience. I hope you enjoy that learning process (and the scratches and dents that come with it) as much as I have!
NoProplem
First Mate

Postby lovetheedge » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:24 am

If interested I will mail you the class materials, 97 pages long, of the class I gave last month. Nothing on your river, just all around jet boating information from my experience. I am not an expert jet boat instructor just good information I learned along the way from my experiences and those of others. Mail me a usb drive or chip to copy it to, it is 2.43MB in size with SASE. Too big for me to email to you. This offer is open to everyone.
Dennis Marguet, PO Box 1060, Cascade, ID 83611. (208)382-8282
lovetheedge
First Mate

Postby seanster » Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:12 am

lovetheedge wrote:If interested I will mail you the class materials, 97 pages long, of the class I gave last month. Nothing on your river, just all around jet boating information from my experience. I am not an expert jet boat instructor just good information I learned along the way from my experiences and those of others. Mail me a usb drive or chip to copy it to, it is 2.43MB in size with SASE. Too big for me to email to you. This offer is open to everyone.
Dennis Marguet, PO Box 1060, Cascade, ID 83611. (208)382-8282

In case it helps, I plan on sending Dennis a USB drive this coming week, and (provided I get permission from Dennis to do so) posting it for electronic download.

Sean
seanster
Deck Swab

Postby Fabshop206 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:24 pm

Hey man welcome to the board. I'm out of Seattle, while I haven't ran the skagit I know a ton of people in Anacortes, Sedro Wooly, mount Vernon area and could likely find someone with plenty of river time on the skagit. Pm me for my phone number and we can see if we can't get you someone to show you the ropes!
Fabshop206
Deck Swab

Return to New to the site? New to Jet Boats?