Sponsor Directory

WTB - 17' Wooldridge Alaskan

Have a boat for sale? Place your ad here. Please, boats only in this section, and read the rules before posting.

WTB - 17' Wooldridge Alaskan

Postby frenchyinmt » Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:47 pm

My father in law is in the market for his first jet boat, and has his eyes set on a 17' Wooldridge Alaskan. He'd prefer to buy used for the first one so that he doesn't freak out over every bump he hits in the river.

I've been surfing craigslist and for sale sites, but haven't turned up a whole lot. Figured i'd put the shout out here to see if anyone notices one for sale in your area. He's located in MT, but would travel a bit for the right boat.

Let me know if you see anything.

Thanks!
frenchyinmt
Deck Swab

Re: WTB - 17' Wooldridge Alaskan

Postby seanster » Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:36 pm

frenchyinmt wrote:
I've been surfing craigslist and for sale sites, but haven't turned up a whole lot. Figured i'd put the shout out here to see if anyone notices one for sale in your area.

Thanks!

I think you are looking in all of the right places. It might take you several months or more to find one, however. I was looking for a set of characteristics instead of a particular boat and it took me several months to find it. I'm sure you will be successful!

Make sure to check Craigslist in all the different jurisdictions nearby. I found my boat in Washington even though I am located in Idaho.
seanster
Beer Boy

Postby AirBoatAK » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:45 pm

These boats are super popular here up north in AK.
Good luck, happy hunting

https://anchorage.craigslist.org/boa/d/ ... 56317.html
AirBoatAK
Deck Swab

Postby Crawdad Johnny » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:17 am

Don't forget to check the Wooldridge Boats web site. They have a selection of pre-owned boats and used inventory is updated regularly. Many/most of the listings are for sale by private parties (the boats are not located at Wooldridge). I have seen everything from late model used boats to units that are 30 years old.

http://www.wooldridgeboats.com/used-vehicles
17 Ft Wooldridge Alaskan
150/105HP Mercury Optimax, Flow-Tec Quick Steering
Crawdad Johnny
Novice Baiter

Postby frenchyinmt » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:50 am

That one in AK does look like it would fit the bill. I'm not sure if he'd be willing to go that far for one though.

I lived in North Pole for about 5 years and drug a little 16' john boat down with me when I moved back. Its a roller coaster of a trip!
frenchyinmt
Deck Swab

Postby Bobcat93 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:01 pm

frenchyinmt wrote:That one in AK does look like it would fit the bill. I'm not sure if he'd be willing to go that far for one though.

I lived in North Pole for about 5 years and drug a little 16' john boat down with me when I moved back. Its a roller coaster of a trip!

Frenchy-I looked for about 3 years and finally found one in my price range in Wasilla. I was fortunate enough to be up there and check it out beforehand. Anyways, when I got back I bought the boat, got a quote from the shipping company and picked it up in Seattle.
2005 Hewescraft 20' Sportjet
Bobcat93
Beer Boy

Postby AirBoatAK » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:30 pm

Anchorage is a main hub for shipping companies. For the right boat & right price it might be worth the shipping costs.
I wouldn’t be surprised if the bill to ship a 25’ boat (including trailer) was in the ball park of $3,000 from Anchorage, AK to Seattle, WA
AirBoatAK
Deck Swab

Postby frenchyinmt » Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:22 pm

Appreciate the info in shipping. I'll pass it along. I wouldn't mind making the drive myself....that is is work allowed to. Would be nice to take a two week trip.
frenchyinmt
Deck Swab

Postby Bobcat93 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:55 pm

AirBoatAK wrote:Anchorage is a main hub for shipping companies. For the right boat & right price it might be worth the shipping costs.
I wouldn’t be surprised if the bill to ship a 25’ boat (including trailer) was in the ball park of $3,000 from Anchorage, AK to Seattle, WA

Thats pretty close to what I paid 5 years ago
2005 Hewescraft 20' Sportjet
Bobcat93
Beer Boy

Postby riverbend » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:02 pm

I have a 2016 Alaskan. In my opinion, an 80HP jet might be a little underpowered if you have lots of gear and folks on the board. All depends where you plan on using it. I have a 120HP e-tech on mine.
riverbend
Deck Swab

Return to Jet Boats For Sale