Sponsor Directory

Lsa Barometric sensor code

Discuss maintenance, engines, pumps and related topics. Having a problem with your boat this is a good place to ask.

Lsa Barometric sensor code

Postby Ak4Life » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:20 am

Hi, I recently had a code show up on my gauge for my kodiak lsa. The code it threw was 108 fmi 2. Barometric sensor voltage data erratic, intermittent, incorrect.
When I went to start the boat, I turned the key and I had nothing on the gauge. Like it was completely dead..... I always have my battery switch on 1. So i thought maybe for some reason it was dead. I switch the battery switch to both batteries. Once I did that, the gauge came on and I started the boat. The boat stayed on just long enough for me to put it in forward and then it shut off. Like i lost compete power again. I then went to the back of the boat and thought maybe i blew a fuse. Checked all the fuses and nothing. I then noticed the 50 amp breaker outside the fuse box had tripped. When I pushed it to reset it, the gauge came back on, the fuel pump primed and so I started the boat again. it died almost instantly. This time when I reset the breaker, the barometric sensor code should up on the gauge.... I was wondering if anyone else has had an issue like this before and if so how did you find the problem. I checked all more grounds. Everything is tight and not corroded. I did notice after trying to start it multiple times the voltage dropped from 11.6 when starting to 8.6 before dieing. I thought maybe the alternator is bad and its causing it to drop so low and the motor automatically shuts off when the voltage gets so low. the motor is a 2015. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Ak4Life
Beer Boy

Re: Lsa Barometric sensor code

Postby lovetheedge » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:35 am

I am not sure about the code you are coming up with but 11.6 volts is considered by some as a dead battery. A reading of 12.65-12.77 volts means your battery has a full charge. 12.45-12.54 volts means you have a 75% charge, 12.24-12.29 is 50% charged, and 11.99-12.06 volts is 25% charged. 11.75-11.89 volts means your battery is dead. You need to charge both your batteries. I leave a charger on both my batteries when in storage and I turn off my batteries while in storage, there is always a small drain on the battery even when boat is turned off. I also run my boat with both batteries turned on, otherwise if only one battery is selected, only that battery gets charged.

As I said, I've never heard of you code problem, but I would no be surprised if it gets cured when you fully charge both batteries. Also your batteries will last much longer when kept fully charged.
lovetheedge
First Mate

Postby Music Man » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:34 pm

Dead battery was my first thought too. :Drink:
2008 24' HCM 8.1L "River Dog"
2018 12' MotoJet "River Pup"
Music Man
Forum Enthusiast

Postby viking » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:09 pm

Before concluding dead battery, check the voltage at both the battery and dash using tester. My dash is about 0.5 volts lower than battery due to loss through under-sized hot wire.
viking
Captain

Postby Ak4Life » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:47 pm

Figured it out! The 50amp circuit breaker was junk. My batteries tested at 12.6v. I used a load tester and was still good. I then put the batteries back in and turned the switch on. I then checked the voltage at both the starter and alternator. Both were 12.6. My dash read 12v. I started the boat, the voltage went up to 13.4 and then started dropping in .2v till it hit around 9volts. then the motor turned off again. the 50 amp circuit breaker didn't trip this time. I turned the key off and back on. The dash lights came back on and it read 11.2v. I then checked the voltage at the 50 amp breaker. the incoming was 12.6 and the outgoing was 11.2. Thought that was strange. So I pulled the breaker out and put in another one. it read 12.6 on both sides. Started the boat up and the voltage jumped to 14.1 once the alternator kicked in and stayed running. Problem solved!
Ak4Life
Beer Boy

Postby Music Man » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:06 am

Amazing what a good VOM can tell you! :Drink:
2008 24' HCM 8.1L "River Dog"
2018 12' MotoJet "River Pup"
Music Man
Forum Enthusiast

Return to Mechanics