Sponsor Directory

Berkley Jet pump intake grate

Discuss maintenance, engines, pumps and related topics. Having a problem with your boat this is a good place to ask.

Berkley Jet pump intake grate

Postby Georgiajetboater222 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:49 pm

Hey, I am new to this forum and jet boating. I recently acquired a 1992 Weldcraft 20 ft. jet boat with a 2001 5.7l EFI Marine power motor and a Berkley 12-JG jet pump. I wanted to replace the intake grate because a couple of the bars on the grate are missing. I went on Ebay and ordered an intake grate for a 12jg pump and it was not right at all. The grate I ordered was slanted on the mounting plate, and was much shorter than the one that was on there. The one that is on there is long and totally flat all the way throughout. I have looked all over for a grate that looked like one and the only one I could find that was even close was an American turbine intake grate I found on a stomp grate website. I will post a picture of it tomorrow. the way the pump is laid out is the hand hole is on the outside of the boat and is sealed with 5200 sealant.

Any help would be appreciated, I will take and post a picture of the grate tomorrow when it is light out.

:chicken:
Georgiajetboater222
Deck Swab

Re: Berkley Jet pump intake grate

Postby cbc7 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:36 am

Have you thought about welding in new bars to replace the missing ones.
cbc7
Forum Enthusiast

Postby Flyfisher45601 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:52 pm

Call Weldcraft.
Flyfisher45601
Boat Enthusiast

Postby ATM » Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:42 pm

Georgiajetboater222 wrote:Hey, I am new to this forum and jet boating. I recently acquired a 1992 Weldcraft 20 ft. jet boat with a 2001 5.7l EFI Marine power motor and a Berkley 12-JG jet pump. I wanted to replace the intake grate because a couple of the bars on the grate are missing. I went on Ebay and ordered an intake grate for a 12jg pump and it was not right at all. The grate I ordered was slanted on the mounting plate, and was much shorter than the one that was on there. The one that is on there is long and totally flat all the way throughout. I have looked all over for a grate that looked like one and the only one I could find that was even close was an American turbine intake grate I found on a stomp grate website. I will post a picture of it tomorrow. the way the pump is laid out is the hand hole is on the outside of the boat and is sealed with 5200 sealant.

Any help would be appreciated, I will take and post a picture of the grate tomorrow when it is light out.

:chicken:

You probably have a fabricated intake built by Jim Fisher. I am not aware of any replacement grates.

ATM
The POWER is in the PUMP
ATM
Forum Page Sponsor

Postby Georgiajetboater222 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:04 pm

Awesome thanks for the help. It was trying to fins a new one because the one that is on it is corroded pretty badly from previous owner letting sit in water. Just did a quick search for jim fischer and couldn't find any intake grates is he still around? I attached some pictures of it.
Attachments
FullSizeRender4.jpg
FullSizeRender3.jpg
FullSizeRender2.jpg
FullSizeRender.jpg
Georgiajetboater222
Deck Swab

Postby Stranger » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:15 pm

Did you ever find a replacement grate? I have a similar issue. Mine doesn't have missing bars but the ones there are severely mangled and mushroomed.

Thanks in advance.
Stranger
Buoy Boy

Postby jilinda » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:55 am

The suction for the pump is fabricated along with the grate.You will probably have to find someone to copy the grate that is there and fit it into the suction piece. JF Good luck
jilinda
Beer Boy

Postby t-roy » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:45 pm

call bill at white water marine or riddle marine they may have one.
t-roy
Deck Swab

Postby bigcat_ak » Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:15 pm

Bought a stomp grate for a 94 River Runner from Pacific Performance last year summer.
bigcat_ak
Buoy Boy

Postby t-roy » Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:57 pm

Is it a Doug riddle intake.
t-roy
Deck Swab

Return to Mechanics