Sponsor Directory

Outboard Oil

Discuss maintenance, engines, pumps and related topics. Having a problem with your boat this is a good place to ask.

Outboard Oil

Postby steelheadfreak » Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:08 am

So Ive hit 100 hours on my Merc 115/80 outboard. For those of you running similar, what are you running for synthetic these days? Summer different than winter? I do a lots of running at or below freezing temps during winter and some days 90+ in summer.
steelheadfreak
Boat Enthusiast

Re: Outboard Oil

Postby Crawdad Johnny » Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:51 am

I would contact the support team at Mercury Marine. I have contacted them twice in the past few years and found them to be very responsive and helpful. In both cases, I sent them an email inquiry and they assigned me a service/support request reference number and replied quickly via email. In one instance, I had follow up questions, and called them and I was able to quickly speak to a tech who was most helpful with my questions. When I gave the tech person my service request number, he was able to immediately access my request so he was quickly up to speed on the nature of my inquiry, background info, etc. Both times, I viewed it as a positive experience.

https://www.mercurymarine.com/en/us/contact

Good luck!
17 Ft Wooldridge Alaskan
150/105HP Mercury Optimax, Flow-Tec Quick Steering
Crawdad Johnny
Novice Baiter

Return to Mechanics