Sponsor Directory

exact welding reverse bucket

Discuss maintenance, engines, pumps and related topics. Having a problem with your boat this is a good place to ask.

exact welding reverse bucket

Postby scenicjetboats » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:53 pm

So bought a reverse bucket from Claude for the rescue sled (has a 773) and think it's going to work well but having a little issue with it snapping shut when taking off. We adjusted the linkage to move it further up and I think now we are out of where the spring is helping hold it up so it bounces, catches any water and slams closed. I'd just like to see a couple of pictures from others with the bucket all the way open and maybe of the springs. Not a lot of pictures on line to access. You can post here or send to me. info@ my user name on here.com Just to keep the spam down :lol: Thank you
2006 North River Commander X 21.5'
6.0 L Vortec
212 Hamilton
scenicjetboats
Master Baiter

Re: exact welding reverse bucket

Postby Bobcat93 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:38 pm

Have you tried to contact Claude?
2005 Hewescraft 20' Sportjet
Bobcat93
Buoy Boy

Postby riverboater » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:11 pm

PM sent
riverboater
Captain

Postby scenicjetboats » Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:58 pm

I sent Claude an email with pictures Wednesday. I haven't heard back from him and don't know if I will. Last time I talked to him he acted like I fell off a turnip truck. I've got 30 years in a fab and machine shop and the guy helping has the same working on boat transmissions bigger than most of our sleds. Maybe the tension springs need bent back a lot more or we are trying to raise the bucket too high. Anyway we put a third spring on similar to the factory bucket spring and it seems to hold the bucket up pretty good. I'll try tomorrow.
6.0 L Vortec
212 Hamilton
scenicjetboats
Master Baiter

Postby scenicjetboats » Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:23 am

So we put a heavier spring on similar to the factory spring but made a bracket raising it's attaching point on the pump by about an 1 1/2" to give it more of a straight pull when the new bucket is raised. Ran it about a half hour Saturday with no issue. Claude emailed me over the weekend and I brought him up to date. I may have been able to bend the springs he supplied more to hold the bucket higher up but this fix will work.
6.0 L Vortec
212 Hamilton
scenicjetboats
Master Baiter

Return to Mechanics