Sponsor Directory

NEW BOAT! GOODBYE SPORTJET

Discuss maintenance, engines, pumps and related topics. Having a problem with your boat this is a good place to ask.

NEW BOAT! GOODBYE SPORTJET

Postby Blodhgram » Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:19 am

Just thought id throw it out there, sank the sport-jet due to an improper repair under the rub rail! (Sillicone in a high flex spot ugh!!!! with 40 screws under the rub rail in 4 feet gotta love the fix n run on the dealer)

GOOD NEWS: The next day (lol dont ask was looking and thinking on clist before it happened) I drove 4 hrs away for a hell of a deal. Picked up a 1977 GMC Cobra Jet with a 403 olds.

THE QUESTION, someone painted it thick, no id tags on the berkley. How can i ID this pump.

#2 on a fresh launch it cavatates/kinda feels like a clutch slipping like a bit*h when warm she just goes no problem. is this normal? her top speed has been 60mph, and she has a 403 olds in her (with an aluminum intake matched with and edelbrock) Tach not working but she sounds like she tops between 4-5k. (Installing tach tomrow)

Thanks Guys
Don
p.s. need a good running 175 sportjet, case shaved 10 thou heads 5 thou heads, and a full set of lapped boysens in her look me up! ( still runs motor never went under) send me an offer! Motor has under 100 hrs on a latest rebuild.
Blodhgram
Deck Swab

Re: NEW BOAT! GOODBYE SPORTJET

Postby Engeek » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:26 pm

Let me know the details of the SJ - for some reason I cannot PM you.
Thanks
Engeek
Deck Swab

Re: NEW BOAT! GOODBYE SPORTJET

Postby Latitude64 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:48 pm

Do you still have the 175 SJ for sale, I need one.
Latitude64
Deck Swab

Return to Mechanics