Sponsor Directory

Who remembers Jimmie Doolitle Raid on japan?

Non Jet Boat related topics and chit chat. Keep it CIVIL.

Who remembers Jimmie Doolitle Raid on japan?

Postby Hell Yes » Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:22 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tkr3UaIkDk This a story of his life told by his daughter. Good use of your time to listen.
Hell Yes
El Diablo

Re: Who remembers Jimmie Doolitle Raid on japan?

Postby lovetheedge » Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:13 pm

I remember him. I had a client whose father was personal friends with him. The guy thought the world of him. The whole group of pilots knew they most likely would not make it to China. Real sacrifice for others you don't see today.
lovetheedge
Captain

Postby Hell Yes » Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:22 pm

Well said.
Hell Yes
El Diablo

Postby johnsos6 » Fri May 15, 2020 3:04 am

Bruce, amazing story. For the most part a lot of the biographies I have read agree, the auto biography was amazing. Awesome hearing from the grand daughter, follows the autobiography. Again great story, great history, and thanks for sharing.

Cheers
Scott (in quarantine in Indonesia)
johnsos6
Forum Enthusiast

Postby Hell Yes » Fri May 15, 2020 10:31 pm

Good to hear from you, Scott. i hope all is well. I fear the history of what our heros did in WW2 is dying with them. We need to keep it alive.
Hell Yes
El Diablo

Postby johnsos6 » Sat May 16, 2020 11:53 pm

Thanks for asking, seems I missed all of spring Payette runoff. Was able to get up to my Mountain Property before I left in late March. The mountain folks when I left were still living the dream even though closed.

I went to work overseas due to developing a strategic asset. We are working on a 3rd guy to introduce because current schedules are not sustainable. Just waiting on the country to open for passport / visa activities.

On my 2nd quarantine (14 days) even though I get tested, rules are rules, headed back to the project to get my relief back to the USA sooner than later.

For those of you who say test, test is not as simple as you say.......I've done all current available COVID 19 testing available along my with my guys (+300) ,,,testing is not simple. Our quarantine has been effective on our project. People are passing PCR tests but not Rapid tests and then having COVID again.

Cheers
Scott from Meridian ID
johnsos6
Forum Enthusiast

Return to Off Topic Discussions