Sponsor Directory

Gay dude versus black dude.

Non Jet Boat related topics and chit chat. Keep it CIVIL.

Gay dude versus black dude.

Postby viking » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:53 pm

viking
Captain

Re: Gay dude versus black dude.

Postby smitty » Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:17 pm

Ok, so I have friends, family, co-workers and neighbors who are gay, black, white, Asian, Indian, Hispanic, and everything else. We have zero problems and no issues.

I think everyone should drop the statistics, they accomplish nothing.
Re: reading water: "I use a completely different method.. When I get high centered I don't go that way again. " - bigcat_ak
smitty
Captain

Postby Stormtrooper » Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:39 am

I think that guy was using stats to shut down the other guys statement, which he did handily.
It kind of sucks no matter what side of an argument you are on when the factual statistics destroy your stance.
Stormtrooper
Boat Enthusiast

Postby smitty » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:32 am

So, how do you change the equation?

One definition of insanity is to keep doing the same thing over and over, and expecting a different result than before.

There is no 'winner' in the video debate above.
Re: reading water: "I use a completely different method.. When I get high centered I don't go that way again. " - bigcat_ak
smitty
Captain

Postby lovetheedge » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:25 am

Hopefully the gay guy learned the facts. With the facts we can really address the issues that are creating the problems. The gay guy thought the number one issue was the police discrimination against blacks and could not come up with anything else when given the opportunity 3 times. When the problems is black on black crime, so lets do something about that. The black guy pointed out the reasons for the police using force was the guys were resisting arrest. In Baltimore the leadership is all black. A problem is 75% of black kids have no father and is raised by a single mom. Black men have little sense of responsibility for their children and women think they can do it alone. LBJ started a movement that continues today where it pays to be a single mom and an acceptance in the community. Programs should encourage a mom and dad raising children not the other way around. When you live in a household with only one parent, how do kids learn how to stand firm to a commitment and manage through relationship problems when they are lacking an example?

So many of my liberal friends just don't have the facts straight. With "facts" they are using to form their opinion are wrong, the opinion is wrong, the solution is wrong. When I get into a discussion with a liberal, I first get an agreement on the facts, then we can have an productive discussion. So many times they don't want to acknowledge the fact because it destroys their position.
The winner here was the true facts were established.
lovetheedge
First Mate

Postby smitty » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:36 am

And again, facts and statistics aside, no one wins..

No one can put a value on statistics or racism. Progress can't happen. The wheels on the wagon will just keep rolling.
smitty
Captain

Postby smitty » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:43 am

viking and lovetheedge, are my jet boating friends. We talk about stuff. viking, do you see what you did here ?? |c: ?? It's ok.
smitty
Captain

Postby viking » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:03 am

The statistics are being used, at least partially, to demonstrate what isn't a problem. For example, Smitty stated that he observes no problem. This is a fact and statistic, and can be used to refute (partially) the gay guy's assertion. The gay guy was saying there is a problem simply because he heard repeatedly that there is a problem. When asked for the reasons for his opinion, he couldn't come up with even one reason.

Interestingly, I watched some other interviews in which Dave Rubin states very directly that he learned something from Larry Elder during this interview, and that his outlook definitely changed as a consequence of this interview. This is quite remarkable given that most people argue to win, rather than to learn.

Larry Elder notes that black kids used to be raised (mostly) in intact families. Then Pres Johnson sent people around, door-to-door, telling women that if there isn't a man in the house, they qualify for welfare. So the men got thrown out. They became unnecessary baggage.
viking
Captain

Postby smitty » Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:00 pm

viking wrote:....most people argue to win, rather than to learn.......

viking is right, and this is a good conversation.
smitty
Captain

Postby smitty » Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:48 pm

viking wrote:... Then Pres Johnson sent people around, door-to-door, telling women that if there isn't a man in the house, they qualify for welfare. So the men got thrown out. They became unnecessary baggage.

I've raised my son as a single father, from when he was 4 to his just - celebrated 16th birthday.

Never expected any recognition or hand - outs, I just kept a job and did the best I could.
Attachments
wc ez home.jpg
smitty
Captain

Return to Off Topic Discussions