Deschutes little boat run

Show us your boat and where you use it.

Deschutes little boat run

Postby cfs » Sun May 14, 2017 9:30 am

_N6A7125.jpg

_N6A7079.jpg

_N6A7028.jpg

_N6A7113.jpg

Had a great time Ran the Bottom up to Wash out multiple times Big at these levels Thanks Boys
cfs
Boat Enthusiast

Re: Deschutes little boat run

Postby Stormtrooper » Sun May 14, 2017 9:37 am

Any videos? Very few out there.
Stormtrooper
Boat Enthusiast

Postby Ahusk » Sun May 14, 2017 10:48 am

Had a good time. Nice pictures Carl. Lower Gordon was huge in the 15ft not so mini. Only hit three rocks and almost sank the boat twice so I figure it was a good run. We have video but it was all taken on cell phones from a distance so it's not going to show much detail.
Last edited by Ahusk on Sun May 14, 2017 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ahusk
First Mate

Postby Benny » Sun May 14, 2017 3:06 pm

Nice guys!!! Pretty big water at these flows for sure. I didn't like lower Gordon ridge in my boat at 8300 you guys are Brave! Hope to see you in a couple weeks.
Benny
Novice Baiter

Postby BigCSS » Sun May 14, 2017 4:02 pm

Was definitely a lot of fun! And it was definitely big water! I only bumped a couple rocks when not on plane, but did have a close call in Moody since it was the first time in whitewater with this boat and got caught a little by surprise but recovered and quickly learned what I need to do differently driving the small boat with a different type of pump than I'm used to in those conditions.
Team White Water Winnebago
BigCSS
First Mate

Postby riverbend » Tue May 16, 2017 8:55 pm

cfs, BigCSS & Ahusk, Looks like a great run. BTW.. I saw in another post that you ran the lower gordon shelf on river left vs. river right near the hammocks. On a jet can you always run river left even at lower/ normal flows? Thanks ..Brian
riverbend
Deck Swab

Postby Ahusk » Tue May 16, 2017 9:12 pm

Ask Benny what he thinks but I wouldn't try it in a normal boat at regular flows. I have seen it done in a outlaw tomcat without hitting.

I am far from an expert on the Deschutes though. It's only like my fifth time on the river and first time in 7 or 8 years past rattlesnake.
Ahusk
First Mate

Postby Benny » Tue May 16, 2017 10:00 pm

I run the east side at lower Gordon ridge. This river I have a lot of respect for. I don't play like I do at home on the clack. This is because it falls quite a bit so at mid 8k( highest I have ran) is not much deeper than mid 3k in summer. The big rocks/shelves are just barely under in the narrow shoots at high cfs. I run the same path high and low for the most part. The neat thing about this river is at any flow you could float most of it if you are in the right spot, but many of the slots are narrow and technical. With that said there is always room to learn and I have no prob walking up bank to look at a different line and check out other ideas. I do feel most comfortable running it at low flows for sure! At 8300 I got some gray hairs for sure! Don't need more of those.
Benny
Novice Baiter

Return to Jet Boat Photo and Video Gallery