Sponsor Directory

USFS NEW TOY

Show us your boat and where you use it.

Re: USFS NEW TOY

Postby Oakes1 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:01 pm

Look at this worn out piece of S***T I found. I wish we all could afford to just park a 30ft. twin yanmar 241 Bentz. It is now sitting behind the USFS office in Clarkston. Seams to have taken the place of the 22ft. they never used. Make sure you're all ready to give them $10 a head to go up "THEIR" river. :bs: I must say, I like the looks of the old one a lot better then the new one. It doesn't look as much like a school bus.
Attachments
USFS BOAT.jpg
USFS BOAT 2.jpg
Oakes1
EL Capi'tan

Postby m1ashooter » Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:32 pm

Surely you understand their needs, after all, would you take that upriver? :lol:
Jetboats, helping guys like me meet chicks since, well you get the point..
m1ashooter
EL Conquistador

Postby On The Rocks » Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:56 pm

Calendar says its wore out... :RTFM:

Im driving a 1970 Oakes, its running better, more reliable, more economical than it ever has. I guess the calendar for my boat fell in the river.
1970 Oakes 22' 383 stroker, kodiak 3 stage
On The Rocks
First Mate

Postby heyjpark » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:34 pm

I've been driving by that boat for weeks now. If Bentz took it on trade it's awfully nice of them to leave it at the forest service. I guess I didn't realize an aluminum boat had a useful life...sure seems like they could retrofit everything if they really needed to.
Boatless
heyjpark
First Mate

Postby Eagle1 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:55 pm

30 dollars American I will give for that worn out POS. I would offer more but I'm have a budget Any fuel in the tanks?

Eagle1
Eagle1
Captain

Postby Draggin up » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:48 am

You can bet its full of premium. They should take everybody's name who has filled out a power boat permit last year, put it in a hat, and give that boat back to the people who actually paid for it! Thats what they should do.
12' Coleman canoe w/twin paddles
Draggin up
Beer Boy

Postby Jetdaddy77 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:08 am

Draggin up wrote:You can bet its full of premium. They should take everybody's name who has filled out a power boat permit last year, put it in a hat, and give that boat back to the people who actually paid for it! Thats what they should do.

Well no wonder it's sitting! Some idiot put gas in a diesel! :Laugh1: :Laugh1: :Laugh1: :Laugh1:
'93 North River 19', Kodiak 350, 3 stage, and plenty of smart marks sold
'04 Boice Titan 22', Stroked 6.7 LS, Hami 212
Jetdaddy77
Master Baiter

Postby Eagle1 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:28 pm

It has Hamilton 241 pumps and a pair of Yanmar 6LP diesels. I could use the spare parts but still only 30 dollars American for the package.

eagle1
Eagle1
Captain

Postby Rkt » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:13 am

Now all they have to do is find a boat captain that has some river educate, so they can quit putting scratches in my boat
Rkt
Deck Swab

Postby 300club » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:40 pm

I was up river this weekend. . And on Saturday the new boat was up there with a couple of guys ( not in uniform !!!) And at least four kids in the boat. .. that is some. Bullshit! Right there folks.!#!!
300club
Novice Baiter

Postby Draggin up » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:09 pm

Typical forest ferry's playing on our dime, on a new boat we paid for, all the while creating new fees and regulations to keep us off their rivers and roads. They like to cater to the hippie environmentalists who only hike and raft. They hate horse and powerboat use. (unless of course if its a free, bad ass twin, for them to play on....then it's ok.)

:bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs:
Draggin up
Beer Boy

Postby whee » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:31 pm

Next time take a pic and send it to your congressman, the Forest Sup, the Govorner, etc. Using a goverment vehicle for personal use is strictly against the rules. Sometimes the boss will overlook it but if pictures are taken and it is reported to the boss's bosses then something is frequently done. I personally know of one guy that was fired and another that was put on 30 days leave without pay for personal use of a government vehicle. As ridiculous as is it is, it's up to use to hold these guys accountable. The federal goverment is full of a bunch of spineless managers that done want to hurt their employees feelings so they sweep things under the rug...and that's not ok.
I'm brand new to jet boats so don't listen to anything I say.
whee
Master Baiter

Postby On The Rocks » Mon May 01, 2017 7:19 am

We were up there this weekend also. 300club, im glad you saw the boat with what looked like non employee kids too, I wasn't sure I was seeing things right. We were parked on the beach as they went by, I was hoping they would pull over and check us out so I could get a good look at what was going on. No such luck, they just hauled ass by and waked us.
On The Rocks
First Mate

Postby Draggin up » Mon May 01, 2017 4:16 pm

You guy's need to both call and complain. Not that it will do any good, I'm sure they will have some bullshit excuse.
Draggin up
Beer Boy

Postby cromedogg33 » Tue May 02, 2017 10:02 am

Draggin up wrote:You guy's need to both call and complain. Not that it will do any good, I'm sure they will have some bullshit excuse.

Yeah I believe they did a big thing with the boy scouts and a horseback club that was working on something up towards Kirkwood. I know they've also used it to take the snake river user group around to see what needs worked on in the canyon as well. I don't think keyboard warriors do anyone any good but at least you get to vent your frustrations out on a forum.
cromedogg33
Novice Baiter

Postby smitty » Tue May 02, 2017 12:01 pm

cromedogg33 wrote:
Draggin up wrote:You guy's need to both call and complain. Not that it will do any good, I'm sure they will have some bullshit excuse.

Yeah I believe they did a big thing with the boy scouts and a horseback club that was working on something up towards Kirkwood. I know they've also used it to take the snake river user group around to see what needs worked on in the canyon as well. I don't think keyboard warriors do anyone any good but at least you get to vent your frustrations out on a forum.

cd33-

I think the points that people are trying to drive home, is this:

1) boating is an endless list of registrations, permits and fees ad nauseam, only we're not done yet, just a few more permits and fees and...

2) our wallets may not be empty, but they are certainly tired of opening double and thrice every trip, every year...

3) that "old, retired, replaced" FS boat contains enough drivetrain(s) and aluminum to build at least two amazing boats for common folk who respect the rivers and shores already
Re: reading water: "I use a completely different method.. When I get high centered I don't go that way again. " - bigcat_ak
smitty
First Mate

Postby Draggin up » Tue May 02, 2017 5:53 pm

cromedogg33 you typed this out on your keyboard last june and you have the balls to call me a "keyboard Warrior?" One post you cuss them, and this post has you making excuses for the Forest service. :ButtKisser:

:bs:

Re: $10 user fee general information meeting
Postby cromedogg33 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:31 am

Personally I think this is a crock of *hit at this point. They are specifically targeting those who don't use it to make money etc. and the outfitters who use it more than anyone are given a pass.

"fee would be used to improve maintenance of developed facilities and historic sites used for recreation, expand interpretation, address health and safety concerns and provide extra river patrols."

This one really has me against it. It means they will mismanage these funds and buy a couple guys a brand new boat to go up and down the river more often and not being used to keep facilities watered, cleaned, etc. I sure hope everyone who uses HCNRA comes to the IJBA meeting as well as the open house sessions to fight this. Where is all the money that the HCNRA going now?
Draggin up
Beer Boy

Postby On The Rocks » Tue May 02, 2017 5:56 pm

I don't want to be a "keyboard warrior", Id just like to know what a government agency who is spending my and your money to manage a place that I love is doing. Whats wrong with accountability?
On The Rocks
First Mate

Previous

Return to Jet Boat Photo and Video Gallery