Sponsor Directory

martial law

Discussion about Jetboats, rivers and related topics.

Re: martial law

Postby mtncntrykid » Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:12 pm

" it is appropriate to buy food at the MacDonald's drive through, but it is not appropriate to use a boat ramp."

Apples And Oranges!

One is necessity to help those on the front lines that are trying to keep you healthy, supplied, and safe. Many people are on the road delivering or working all hours of the day to help the sick or protecting your home from crime, etc and need to refuel their bodies with no time to cook. This makes McDonald's an essential service in the battle to save lives.

How does using a boat ramp do this? (non-essential)

If your eating at McDonald's simply for pleasure you are in violation of the stay at home order and part of the problem and not the solution.

People are making sacrifices in efforts to help others and those that choose not to comply with their state guidelines and take advantage of those good people are disappointingly selfish without regard and respect for the efforts of their neighbors. IMHO
Wooldridge Alaskan
115/80 Yamaha 4 stroke
mtncntrykid
Beer Boy

Postby Ahusk » Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:25 pm

McDonald's I can kind of see, truckers and others could live off grocery's store foods instead. Fast food is not neccesary, but I am not sure if going to the grocery store that often is a better idea.
Personally, I won't go near fast food until this is over. The one that gets me is liquor stores and God damn coffee shacks. There is absolutely nothing neccesary about a 5 dollar cup of coffee. A Dutch Bros employee in a nearby town tested positive last week. No telling how many people they infected.

For me it's all about limiting high risk activity. Pumping gas is a very low risk activity according to the CDC. When this is finally over, three months from now, I need to have some semblance of mental health intact. I live with my wife and three teenage daughters. If I don't leave the house for three months I might hang myself. I totally understand what everyone is saying though and agree for the most part.
Last edited by Ahusk on Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ahusk
Captain

Postby jetboatwanabe » Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:35 pm

muffler-less noise suppression system interested me Viking and picks or drawings and let us know performance #'s like if you gain or lose RPM's. :Drink1: :bash:
:chicken:
Rock Hauler and new jet boat owner YE HA 10 foot MOTO-JET
sold MOTO-JET and starting new build CJC marine MINI 12 foot, getting wet soon but still paddling for now!
jetboatwanabe
Master Baiter

Postby viking » Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:51 pm

In a previous life I was a "sound guy," so I've got some ideas AND a DB meter to prove the results rather than just saying "boy it sure sounded a lot quieter to me." Don't know the outcome yet, but river tests maybe tomorrow.
I'm not Bruce
viking
Captain

Postby Hell Yes » Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:17 pm

Hell Yes
El Diablo

Postby lovetheedge » Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:20 pm

This season CDC estimates that, as of mid-March, between 29,000 and 59,000 have died due to influenza illnesses, not including coronavirus. Just saying. I thought that number would have gone down with all the social distancing. So far 8500 have died from coronavirus even though it is more deadly than the flu, I guess more deaths are expected this week, perhaps even a peak in deaths, we will see.
lovetheedge
Captain

Postby Tuna Cowboy » Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:02 pm

2003 21' Northwest Jet - 6.0 Vortec - Hamilton 212

https://www.facebook.com/mtriverpirates/
Tuna Cowboy
Beer Boy

Postby Akclassic » Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:45 pm

viking wrote:In a previous life I was a "sound guy," so I've got some ideas AND a DB meter to prove the results rather than just saying "boy it sure sounded a lot quieter to me." Don't know the outcome yet, but river tests maybe tomorrow.

Is there a link to this project somewhere? I'm interested in quieting things down.
Akclassic
Boat Enthusiast

Postby Eagle1 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:08 pm

We were talking Martial Law and now sound deadening. Did someone shoot their boat ?
Eagle1
Captain

Postby viking » Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:45 pm

Today I didn't get around to the river run to test the sound deadening that may or may not work, but I did clean up my shop. Need a no-rain day because there's a bunch of "stuff" I must pack in the back of my truck, and it needs to stay dry. And steady moderate/light wind would be nice too. Mid week might be "about right."
I'm not Bruce
viking
Captain

Postby smitty » Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:44 pm

mtncntrykid wrote:Smitty,
I lost my mother last week and my father is showing symptoms. What part of "stay at home order" don't you understand? Consider others please!

Terribly sorry for the loss of your mother. My mother has limited lung capacity from lung cancer. Yes, I worry about her, protect and support her to the best of my ability.

I understand 'stay at home' however: my employer expects me to be at work, which means commuting and buying fuel. Resembles boating...

'Consider others' I do so to the best of my ability. I cannot hibernate, while being employed and supporting my son as a full - time single parent... I am not a hoarder, so I replenish supplies as needed.

Best to everyone's health, I get it, if I choose to go boating, it is not going to get you (or anyone else) sick.
student driver - stay clear

shooting my mouth off on meanchicken since 2013

making friends on the rivers since I was little
smitty
Captain

Postby mtncntrykid » Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:55 pm

Smitty,
No disrespect intended. Kudo's for doing what you have to do. I have great admiration for those fighting to meet the demands required in these troubled time (especially those on the front lines)!
It is the non-essential activities where we can all due our part to help. :Drink:
Wooldridge Alaskan
115/80 Yamaha 4 stroke
mtncntrykid
Beer Boy

Postby chariotdriver » Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:38 pm

mtncntrykid wrote:Smitty,
No disrespect intended. Kudo's for doing what you have to do. I have great admiration for those fighting to meet the demands required in these troubled time (especially those on the front lines)!
It is the non-essential activities where we can all due our part to help. :Drink:

Guessing we are about to discover the "cure" is worse than the disease; this country is built upon "non-essential" activities with all the economic benefits which tag along with it :Drink:
chariotdriver
Captain

Postby mtncntrykid » Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:20 pm

chariotdriver,
I must be older than you because when I was growing up this country was growing from "essential" needs that were required to maintain existence. Early post WW2 found the country in a depressed era and it was build and grow in order to survive. Manufacturing and agriculture became the essential building blocks this country used to rise above and overcome. It has been just the later few decades where this country has somewhat recklessly abandoned these structurally sound economic building blocks and pursued the "non-essential" avenues. Even today in this time of challenge, the work force that is in demand and that the country is looking to for help is the ones that are unquestionably classed as "essential". This is something I will give praise to Trump in that he recognizes this loss of sustainability and has been trying to increase a stronger manufacturing force in our country so we are less reliant on importing needed products. :-?
Wooldridge Alaskan
115/80 Yamaha 4 stroke
mtncntrykid
Beer Boy

Postby viking » Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:39 pm

Let's make a list of non-essential products and activities. I'll start.

1) Women's makeup.

Who wants to go next?
I'm not Bruce
viking
Captain

Postby chariotdriver » Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:57 pm

mtncntrykid wrote:chariotdriver,
I must be older than you because when I was growing up this country was growing from "essential" needs that were required to maintain existence. Early post WW2 found the country in a depressed era and it was build and grow in order to survive. Manufacturing and agriculture became the essential building blocks this country used to rise above and overcome. It has been just the later few decades where this country has somewhat recklessly abandoned these structurally sound economic building blocks and pursued the "non-essential" avenues. Even today in this time of challenge, the work force that is in demand and that the country is looking to for help is the ones that are unquestionably classed as "essential". This is something I will give praise to Trump in that he recognizes this loss of sustainability and has been trying to increase a stronger manufacturing force in our country so we are less reliant on importing needed products. :-?

Won't argue with your last sentence...ever. Doesn't excuse the operation where I've been flying empty 737's around the country so the company qualifies for their share of gubment cheese. Or NYC (USA epicenter) still running their subway system and it's jammed. The list goes on and on. My trip to the boat launch, with nobody around, is a puff of flatulence in a windstorm.
chariotdriver
Captain

Postby chariotdriver » Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:58 pm

viking wrote:Let's make a list of non-essential products and activities. I'll start.

1) Women's makeup.

Who wants to go next?

apologies, one of those days

1.5) Lightbulbs
Last edited by chariotdriver on Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
chariotdriver
Captain

Postby mtncntrykid » Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:55 am

One in the news -

2) Golf
:Laugh1:

3) Church

4) Stroll in Central Park
:Scared:
Wooldridge Alaskan
115/80 Yamaha 4 stroke