Sponsor Directory

Snake River property for sale

Discussion about Jetboats, rivers and related topics.

Snake River property for sale

Postby AK2ID » Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:11 pm

There will be a public auction at the Idaho county court house on April 14th to sell Rag Town bar. It’s one of the last privately owned properties within Hell’s canyon recreational area.
AK2ID
Beer Boy
 
Posts: 78
Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:22 pm

Re: Snake River property for sale

Postby Riverjohn » Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:28 pm

AK2ID wrote:There will be a public auction at the Idaho county court house on April 14th to sell Rag Town bar. It’s one of the last privately owned properties within Hell’s canyon recreational area.

Any other information on this? :Drink:
User avatar
Riverjohn
Captain
 
Posts: 2158
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:08 pm

Re: Snake River property for sale

Postby AK2ID » Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:35 pm

Here is a picture/copy of the court order
Attachments
3A8848EC-BF4A-42B4-8C48-4E24AF78CEF5.jpeg
AK2ID
Beer Boy
 
Posts: 78
Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:22 pm

Re: Snake River property for sale

Postby lovetheedge » Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:44 pm

Goggle satellite map shows it north of copper creek lodge, next to copper rapids north of Pittsburg landing. No buildings shown next to river.
User avatar
lovetheedge
Captain
 
Posts: 1235
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:19 pm
Location: Cascade, ID

Re: Snake River property for sale

Postby viking » Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:57 pm

...without covenant or warranty...
I'm not Bruce
viking
Captain
 
Posts: 3200
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:08 pm
Location: Idaho Falls

Re: Snake River property for sale

Postby AK2ID » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:54 am

Just trying to get the word out about the sale so the Jackass’s that caused it to go to auction can’t just steal it.
AK2ID
Beer Boy
 
Posts: 78
Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:22 pm

Re: Snake River property for sale

Postby lovetheedge » Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:41 am

From what is shown, it appears to be a property tax sale. I would need to see more to be sure. If a property tax sale by the county, they don't warranty much of anything. Its up to purchaser to find out if there are any liens on the property or people on the property. The purchaser needs to do his own due diligence. No "right of redemption" is a good thing for the purchaser. Many times in a property tax sale, the debtor has a year after the sale to pay the debt with interest and the property reverts back to them. The purchaser can't do a thing to stop it. If the purchaser does any improvements during the redemption period, he loses it, and gets paid nothing for it. In this case the purchaser does not need to be concerned about this.
User avatar
lovetheedge
Captain
 
Posts: 1235
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:19 pm
Location: Cascade, ID

Re: Snake River property for sale

Postby Riverjohn » Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:58 am

Interesting read on how this property came to this point. The only value in this property is ownership gives you rights to run the Snake River without permits. (Since it is in the Scenic and not in the Wild and Scenic does it give you rights in both?) It is also restricted to only recreation, No structures (Was this just a covenant of the agreement or Govt. Regulation?) and no recreational vehicles can be used on the property. (ATV's, Motorcycles, side by sides?) The Plaintiff did not win this case. So there is more that must have come along later.

https://www.id.uscourts.gov/content_fet ... on_ID=1955
User avatar
Riverjohn
Captain
 
Posts: 2158
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:08 pm

Re: Snake River property for sale

Postby viking » Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:38 am

I don't fully understand the legaleeze, but it appears that the use restrictions are covenants agreed to by the owner collective. If one were to obtain sole ownership (I believe this is referred to as "simple fee") then the covenants could be abolished. The question is who owns all of the pieces? And getting all to sell would likely be impossible or very expensive.
I'm not Bruce
viking
Captain
 
Posts: 3200
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:08 pm
Location: Idaho Falls

Re: Snake River property for sale

Postby Riverjohn » Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:46 am

viking wrote:I don't fully understand the legaleeze, but it appears that the use restrictions are covenants agreed to by the owner collective. If one were to obtain sole ownership (I believe this is referred to as "simple fee") then the covenants could be abolished. The question is who owns all of the pieces? And getting all to sell would likely be impossible or very expensive.

I think who ever is selling this now has done all that. The Court Case I posted was in 2010. The notice posted on the Forum is probably from the outcome of this (lower right corner May 3rd last year):
https://newzgroup.com/NDLegals/2019/392 ... 0_1002.pdf I could not find anymore information on the outcome of this case. :Drink:
User avatar
Riverjohn
Captain
 
Posts: 2158
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:08 pm

Re: Snake River property for sale

Postby viking » Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:02 pm

In this case, absolute certainty would be valuable. Probably need to hire an attorney to establish this prior to the auction.
I'm not Bruce
viking
Captain
 
Posts: 3200
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:08 pm
Location: Idaho Falls

Re: Snake River property for sale

Postby Riverjohn » Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:31 pm

viking wrote:In this case, absolute certainty would be valuable. Probably need to hire an attorney to establish this prior to the auction.

If you could build on it. and or if it gave you unlimited access to the Wild. Otherwise all you are paying for is a camping spot that really isn't as good as most of the free beach's you can normally find. Owning it probably does not even keep anybody else from using it either. If legally you could divide it up as before for river running rights that might make it valuable. But again not much value in my opinion if you cannot run the Wild.
User avatar
Riverjohn
Captain
 
Posts: 2158
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:08 pm

Re: Snake River property for sale

Postby lovetheedge » Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:01 pm

If someone is interested in this property, they most decidedly need a real estate attorney. As I read the court ruling, the 1/500 ownership contained the recreation restriction. This does not mean the entire piece is restricted. I can see if they were selling 1/500 ownership's they would not want everyone of the 500 owners building on the property and ruining it by riding atv's and the like on it. And it refers to the Lambs interest only.
It would be interesting to know who the "Hells Canyon Recreational Land Owners Association" and if it still exists. It maybe an association much like a condominium association that everyone's deed required them to join and there CC&R's they must abide by. In many condominium association's, the association owns the common grounds.
Any way it would be interesting to see where it stands now, as the notice says it is selling the entire property.
User avatar
lovetheedge
Captain
 
Posts: 1235
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:19 pm
Location: Cascade, ID

Re: Snake River property for sale

Postby Goingbroke » Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:09 pm

They just re did the airstrip there last year nice new wind sock on it now.
2010 20' HCM
User avatar
Goingbroke
Captain
 
Posts: 1305
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:51 am

Re: Snake River property for sale

Postby Riverjohn » Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:25 pm

Goingbroke wrote:They just re did the airstrip there last year nice new wind sock on it now.

Ragtown Bar? Isn't this property just down and across the river from Copper Creek Lodge? I don't see anything that looks like a landing strip on it. :Drink: :Drink:
User avatar
Riverjohn
Captain
 
Posts: 2158
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:08 pm

Re: Snake River property for sale

Postby Eagle1 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:04 pm

Maybe he is talking about Doug Bar ?
User avatar
Eagle1
Captain
 
Posts: 4057
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:43 am

Re: Snake River property for sale

Postby AK2ID » Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:02 pm

lovetheedge wrote:If someone is interested in this property, they most decidedly need a real estate attorney. As I read the court ruling, the 1/500 ownership contained the recreation restriction. This does not mean the entire piece is restricted. I can see if they were selling 1/500 ownership's they would not want everyone of the 500 owners building on the property and ruining it by riding atv's and the like on it. And it refers to the Lambs interest only.
It would be interesting to know who the "Hells Canyon Recreational Land Owners Association" and if it still exists. It maybe an association much like a condominium association that everyone's deed required them to join and there CC&R's they must abide by. In many condominium association's, the association owns the common grounds.
Any way it would be interesting to see where it stands now, as the notice says it is selling the entire property.


The majority share owners decided they wanted it all and tried many times to get the other share holders to sell. They took it to court and I guess Idaho County has a provision that requires the property to be sold if share ho,ders can not come to an agreement. I am sure the majority share holders plan to purchase the property at auction and basically steal it from the other share holders. I am an original share holder.
AK2ID
Beer Boy
 
Posts: 78
Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:22 pm

Re: Snake River property for sale

Postby Eagle1 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:22 pm

What is amazing to me is we are talking 6-7 acres of rock that you can't build on, ride on and you waste 10 years in court for a pile of rocks.
User avatar
Eagle1
Captain
 
Posts: 4057
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:43 am

Re: Snake River property for sale

Postby AK2ID » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:54 pm

Not so sure you can’t build on it. Original agreement stated it had to be approved by the association. By selling the property it removes all the original association rules. The property did pass perk testing back in the 80’s
AK2ID
Beer Boy
 
Posts: 78
Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:22 pm

Re: Snake River property for sale

Postby Eagle1 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:57 pm

Got it. Is it out of the Hells Canyon NRA for rules ?
User avatar
Eagle1
Captain
 
Posts: 4057
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:43 am

Next

Return to River Jet Boating Board

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

cron