Sponsor Directory

Raptor 440 Fuel System Wiring Diagram

Moderator: Raptor_Engineering

Raptor 440 Fuel System Wiring Diagram

Postby Tlineman » Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:22 pm

I'm helping a non computer savvy friend build a new boat, and he's purchased a new Raptor 440 to power the vessel. We're running dual fuel tanks, with in-tank Indmar fuel pumps that we're looking to select via dash switch. I'm an electrical tradesman so I have some skills with wiring, however I need to know what the wiring system is on the Indmar engine so as to control and not burn out a fuel pump.

The raptor 440 has in its control panel 2 fuses for fuel pump 1 and fuel pump 2. There is also a fuel pump relay. I've rang out the fuses to some 2 wire harness' on the back that correspond to the two fuses. However there is a third harness there that I'm unsure what its function is. Is it designed to select between fuel pump one and fuel pump 2? The relay seems to control both fuses at the same time, however I don't want this, I'd like to be able to select which pump circuit is active at any one given time.

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for this engine? Specifically one for the fuel system and what each fuse, relay, sensor is doing? I'm having no luck getting this info from the place where he bought the engine and if I phone Indmar, they tell me I have to be a dealer to access their drawings.

????? Is a wiring diagram really that top secret that they can't be shared with everyone who buys one of these engines?

thanks for the help!
Tlineman
Boat Enthusiast

Re: Raptor 440 Fuel System Wiring Diagram

Postby Eagle1 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:58 pm

Where are you located at ?

Eagle1
Eagle1
Captain

Re: Raptor 440 Fuel System Wiring Diagram

Postby Eagle1 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:11 pm

Where are you located at ?