Sponsor Directory

Indmar LSA...Operating RPM

Moderator: Raptor_Engineering

Indmar LSA...Operating RPM

Postby phatboy07 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:42 pm

Hi
I am currently running an Indmar branded GM 6.2 LSA in my 21 ft jet boat. I am looking for some info on what Indmar would consider an acceptable safe RPM to run this engine at, specifically at the lower end of the rpm range. With my current pump set up I can stay on plane in my boat at the lowest approx rpm of 3000-3200 rpm (depending on load in boat). Typically I can cruise "decently at 3350 and up but I do not want to lug this motor. What are some safe operating rpms or maybe even engine parameters to monitor for safe engine rpm?
phatboy07
Deck Swab

Re: Indmar LSA...Operating RPM

Postby smitty » Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:58 pm

Wait a minute. I thought new gen Indmar's were Fords, not Chevys.

Other than that, nothing to contribute to the topic, sorry.
Life begins when you walk out the front door and get on the river
smitty
First Mate

Postby phatboy07 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:39 am

Indmar has had LSA engines for a few years in the past powering many different types of ski boats and wake boats. They most likely still have stock of parts and engines left to support these engines and boats that they sold to power those past years. I decided to go with the Indmar as my boat builder could get a great price, came with a good warranty, and he has used them prior with no notable major issues. I have been very pleased with the fit and finish of the engine and have had ZERO issues with it in 40 hours so far. Motor is hooked to a Scott 852 pushing heavy bottomed 21ft boat.
phatboy07
Deck Swab

Postby Raptor_Engineering » Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:29 pm

An Indmar Jet LSA has a MAX RPM on the rev limiter of 5400. That being said,jet operation 4600-5000 RPM would be acceptable. This is only a guideline as depending on hull, jet, and impeller configuration. Please consult your builder or Chris at Indmar NW for more information or questions.

Thank You,

Team Indmar
www.indmar.com
Raptor_Engineering
Forum Page Sponsor

Return to Indmar Marine Engines