Sponsor Directory

I wanna go fast!

Sprint Boat Racing discussion.

I wanna go fast!

Postby Pcairns » Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:25 am

well went to my first sprint boat race at webs last week and its got me thinking I should get in to this I have a couple questions not sure if any one here can answer

first off I saw at the meet and greet in town there that every one was running Scott jet why is that ? is Hamilton out of the game? to much money? slower?

second all the steering was cable with a bell crank and chain is this a requirement or can you go full hydraulic?

3rd hull shape looking at the rules on the web asb web sight they seem to be geared around the motor are there and size or shape requirements in the hull? noticed
some were very small and some looked really long

thanks in advance looked like a ton of fun out there
Pcairns
Beer Boy

Re: I wanna go fast!

Postby HaxbySpeed » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:24 am

Hamilton doesn't have a pump that would be competitive in any of the classes. You need rpm and a lot of water volume. I don't believe there's a specific rule on the steering, but light weight is always important on these boats, and it needs to be fast, like less then half a turn full lock to lock so you'd need a pretty custom helm pump and ram setup. The minimum hull length is 12' max is 16'.
There's a few old hulls and pumps for sale that would be a good starting point. Buying a proven hull and modifying it, or copying the bottom and making your own topsides has proven to be a good formula. Starting from scratch can be very difficult, even for experienced boat builders. Give me a call if you want to check out a couple hulls up close, or maybe go for a ride next time we're doing some testing. - Alex 604-315-0570
HaxbySpeed
Forum Page Sponsor

Re: I wanna go fast!

Postby Pcairns » Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:45 am

that would be unreal id love to come check one out and get a better idea of whats what I also have some questions about my gm 6.0 I gave ya a call today but ill call during your business hours some time this week looking forward to meeting you
Pcairns
Beer Boy

Return to Sprint Boat