Sponsor Directory

TV show Outdoor Idaho - Hells Canyon

Jet Boating History

TV show Outdoor Idaho - Hells Canyon

Postby smitty » Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:50 am

http://www.pbs.org/video/2316501540/

This has aired a couple of times recently on PBS. I believe the show was dated 94 / 95 era, so this is old news but still interesting to me and likely some of you :Drink:

- I didn't know about the HMS dam, and how it could have turned Hells Canyon into a lake
- did anyone here know / know of Floyd Harvey?
- did anyone here know / know of Gary Armacost?

Also - am told that there was a show (episode of Outdoor Idaho as I recall), that featured Custom Weld's Brice Barnes. Would like to watch it, but haven't been able to track down the show. Any ideas?

I do enjoy very much, any history of HC, the Salmon River, the Payette
student driver - stay clear

shooting my mouth off on meanchicken since 2013

making friends on the rivers since I was little
smitty
Captain

Re: TV show Outdoor Idaho - Hells Canyon

Postby lovetheedge » Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:22 am

Bryce told me the show got canceled, the people up in Alaska wanted too much money for the show to continue.
lovetheedge
First Mate

Postby Jetdaddy77 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:21 pm

lovetheedge wrote:Bryce told me the show got canceled, the people up in Alaska wanted too much money for the show to continue.

I think that one was called dead end express. You can find it on Amazon, but you have to buy the episodes. I think the season is $10 - $15 bucks.
'93 North River 19', Kodiak 350, 3 stage, and plenty of smart marks sold
'04 Boice Titan 22', Stroked 6.7 LS, Hami 212
Jetdaddy77
Master Baiter

Postby zed13 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:01 pm

As a kid i remember Gary Armacost. My dad used to tell my story about his jet boating adventures in the canyon Unfortunately he passed away shortly after this show aired do to a freak chain saw accident. I believe they owned what is Hells Caynon Adventures. I was just out of high school when he passed, and as most kids that age did not pay as much attention and appreciate what was around me as i would now. I did get to know his son fairly well that operated the jet boats till sold to the current owner. Which i also know, as i worked for him on his ranch till he sold it to buy Hells Canyon Adventures.
zed13
Deck Swab

Return to History