Sponsor Directory

Upper Pitt

Upper Pitt

Postby Fish Nazi » Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:41 pm

Anyone been up lately how’s the water levels?
Fish Nazi
Deck Swab

Re: Upper Pitt

Postby pbose » Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:11 pm

I was there saturday. Water is low and still pretty clear, no glacial silt yet
pbose
Beer Boy

Postby Fish Nazi » Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:27 am

Heading up tomorrow morning to do some fishing hopefully visibility is ok.
Fish Nazi
Deck Swab

Postby Fish Nazi » Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:33 pm

Still super low and clear no fish for us today.
Fish Nazi
Deck Swab

Postby Buck Master » Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:44 am

How far up were you able to make it?
Buck Master
Novice Baiter

Postby GordJ » Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:56 am

Fish Nazi wrote:Still super low and clear no fish for us today.

We got one on Friday.
Just a heads up for the small boat crowd, there is a lot of angst over the minis ratting around in the shallow backwaters especially when there’s fry around. If the outcry continues there will be a lot of pressure for a boat ban on the Pitt and we will all lose out. Be aware that the anglers and locals are very sensitive to habitat damage and most of them would love to kick us off the river. I know the minis are meant to bounce around shallow water but we will lose access if the “ratting” around the backwaters continues.
We were fishing from 15Km down but Courbould is about the navigable limit.
20' Customweld
6 liter VVT
Hami 212
GordJ
Novice Baiter

Postby steelheadfreak » Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:02 am

The rise of the mini, or as I like to call it, the "side-by-side" jet ski will inevitably close many waterways to power boats if the current and potential buyers keep being idiots. The Pitt, Squamish, Checkmus, Chilliwack and every ditch you can launch from I've seen them. For the most part, either the drivers are idiots, or just ignorant to the potential damage they can cause. For those mini owners that respect the waterway, I apologize but it only takes a few to wreak it for all.

Ive had this conversation with others and its time to educate those not in the know. See some shenanigans that would be frowned apon by big-brother, let them know. Educate them that if they keep it up in some of these areas, they will lose the privilege to use these systems. If you want to get technical, a CO can actually arrest you for such things as jumping beaver dams under the wildlife act. Harassment of wildlife. The wrong tree huger or enviromarxist sees that, and has the right connections, its game over for jet boats in the back country. Danny from Pitt River Lodge for one has been on a 20 year crusade to ban boats on the Pitt so smarten up people...
steelheadfreak
Boat Enthusiast

Postby Ahusk » Mon May 06, 2019 9:39 pm

steelheadfreak wrote:The rise of the mini, or as I like to call it, the "side-by-side" jet ski will inevitably close many waterways to power boats if the current and potential buyers keep being idiots. The Pitt, Squamish, Checkmus, Chilliwack and every ditch you can launch from I've seen them. For the most part, either the drivers are idiots, or just ignorant to the potential damage they can cause. For those mini owners that respect the waterway, I apologize but it only takes a few to wreak it for all.

Ive had this conversation with others and its time to educate those not in the know. See some shenanigans that would be frowned apon by big-brother, let them know. Educate them that if they keep it up in some of these areas, they will lose the privilege to use these systems. If you want to get technical, a CO can actually arrest you for such things as jumping beaver dams under the wildlife act. Harassment of wildlife. The wrong tree huger or enviromarxist sees that, and has the right connections, its game over for jet boats in the back country. Danny from Pitt River Lodge for one has been on a 20 year crusade to ban boats on the Pitt so smarten up people...

I fear the day these things get popular in my area. Well said and I hope it's a passing fad for you.
Ahusk
Captain

Return to British Columbia