Sponsor Directory

Annual Christmas time Pitt river Bon fire

Re: Annual Christmas time Pitt river Bon fire

Postby tommycraft » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:27 pm

Ridgeclimber1 wrote:What do you guys think about planning a get together in the summer. Maybe the beginning of June. Water will be higher but hopefully before fire restrictions.

I'm in forsure you guys know I'm up there all the time in the summer. :chicken:
Tommycraft.ca
tommycraft
Forum Enthusiast

Postby GordJ » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:52 pm

There has been some negative whining on the fishing boards about fry being washed on shore and other bs so I would suggest some timing regarding fish runs as well as awareness of negative reactions. We don’t want to lose this river because the f’heads are able to paint us as bad guys. I was on the news once in a story titled “River Rats” and they don’t even come close to being factual. Just a heads up and a suggestion. I think this run is a great idea and will attend if possible.
20' Customweld
6 liter VVT
Hami 212
GordJ
Novice Baiter

Postby Ridgeclimber1 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:53 am

What would you guys suggest for timing or location as to not piss off anymore people. How about the Fraser or stave lake river. There's some nice beaches on stave.
2009 22ft. Rogue jet boat works, 5.7l w/Hamilton 212
2015 11ft. mini jet, 215hp 4tec seadoo
Ridgeclimber1
Novice Baiter

Postby tommycraft » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:38 pm

I would be into any place. What ever works is good for me.
Tommycraft.ca
tommycraft
Forum Enthusiast

Postby Dawb » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:06 pm

I'd love to go check out Stave...
Dawb
Master Baiter

Postby GordJ » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:19 am

I think that this is a brilliant idea. No lodge to whine, no fishermen to bitch, just fun. And a chance to explore with company.
20' Customweld
6 liter VVT
Hami 212
GordJ
Novice Baiter

Postby steelheadfreak » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:59 am

GordJ wrote:There has been some negative whining on the fishing boards about fry being washed on shore and other bs so I would suggest some timing regarding fish runs as well as awareness of negative reactions. We don’t want to lose this river because the f’heads are able to paint us as bad guys. I was on the news once in a story titled “River Rats” and they don’t even come close to being factual. Just a heads up and a suggestion. I think this run is a great idea and will attend if possible.

LOL...........Im a jetboater and a fisherman, and believe me, some jetboaters are F-heads. Especially on this system. If you are just out for a river run, be mindful of others using the river. Its comon sence. Pass him/her respectfully and move on to another area to be a retard. I see it all the time. LOOK AT ME AND MY AWESOME BOAT mentality will get rocks thrown at you. When coming down river, if possible, idle past the fisherman on the far bank. If not possible, at least stay to the far bank. Up river, stick as close to the far bank as possible. Try not to wake guys out. Don't do "cowboys" in pools that fisherman are in. The list can go on and on. The basic thing is, be respectful. The jetboat community is small and the fishing/nature/eco-terrorist community is huge. They can and will get boats banned if they work hard enough at it. Like I said, I both jetboat and fish this river and nothing pisses me off more than a bunch of a$$-hats balling up/down the river with tunes cranked, beers flowing, jumping gravel bars 50' down river from me. Its a big river. Go be a dick 5 km farther up.... :Drink1:
steelheadfreak
Buoy Boy

Postby James1978 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:55 pm

Stave is nice! :chicken:
Attachments
pic2.jpg
2005 Harbercraft 2275XL
Kodiac 5.7 HJ212
James1978
Buoy Boy

Postby turbolar » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:31 pm

Its kind of funnny i am always considerate to fishermen on the river and i still get fingered and fishing lines cast at me, even by the owner of a certian fishing lodge. But he seens to be okay with jet boats on his river when a movie company is filling his pocket with cash. I think this is a two way street and both parties need to get more respectfull, between fisherman and natives there will be no place left to go.
turbolar
Buoy Boy

Postby riverboater » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:09 pm

So how many members does your local jet boat club have? does your club work with other clubs to represent your interests? Municipal and provincial governments like talking to numbers and don't have much respect for individuals. Get a membership drive on so you have the numbers to count when there is a dispute or you want the local ear to hear your concerns. Our failure to organize and show strength in numbers is nobodies fault but our own. Maybe at your next club meeting, promote an absentee membership rate to promote your club members joining every other club in BC. And have other clubs capitulate in similar manner. If we had 75% of BC jet boaters registered to one or more clubs we would have the numbers to get things done, and represent our sport when disputes arise.
Failure to organize will be the slow end to the sport we all love.
riverboater
Captain

Postby tommycraft » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:40 pm

I was talking to a guy in the states about the Pitt being shut down. And he sujested a boating club also. I told him that I have been thinking and wanting to start one here for a while. :chicken:
Tommycraft.ca
tommycraft
Forum Enthusiast

Postby riverboater » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:08 am

Our local club gets a bit loose, We keep in contact with the membership on the Prince George jet boat assoc face book page. We have the ability to rally when required as issues impacting our sport arise. The last time I looked we were at about 155 members on the page. Maybe we need to start a BC JET BOAT ASSOC FACE BOOK PAGE. That way we could link the northern clubs with as many as could be formed in the south of BC. Social media makes connection and communication much easier as getting good turnouts to regular meetings can be difficult in most folks busy lives.
riverboater
Captain

Postby James1978 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:37 pm

We started Lower Mainland Jetboats on Facebook last year. We are up to 153 members now. Might be a good start...... :chicken:
2005 Harbercraft 2275XL
Kodiac 5.7 HJ212
James1978
Buoy Boy

Postby High Octane » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:31 am

The Stave above the lake is beautiful with a couple nice sandy spots on the bank but it's a pretty short run before big rocks make it pretty impassible.
newby with a Hewes sportjet 200
High Octane
Beer Boy

Previous

Return to British Columbia