Re: Attention Gun owners

Postby waylon » Thu May 16, 2019 8:22 pm

vinsent_134)
"Only God knows why"
waylon
Master Baiter

Postby Dawb » Fri May 17, 2019 1:14 pm

I sent my PAL renewal in in July and I just called AGAIN today and its still in secondary due to health changes on my form. The lady said it could be up to another year for someone to go thru it. So ridiculous. A buddy sent his in a couple months ago and got it back in 3 weeks.

lol dont change anything on your renewal! what a PITA
Dawb
Master Baiter

Postby Toddco » Wed May 22, 2019 6:55 am

I just heard a horror story about Trudeau's new gun law changes. Someone told me that they are not issuing any renewels until the new laws come into place. Apparently they wan to ban all pump, auto and lever guns now. And also completely prohibit hand guns! I can only hope that it is total bullshit!!
I fit in nicely when i am completely alone!
Toddco
Novice Baiter

Postby Kilowatt » Wed May 22, 2019 10:53 am

Penguin wrote:I’ve never understood Canada’s fear of its citizens having handguns

Penguin wrote:
Riverboater, I read everything you said and still don’t know what Canada is so afraid of concerning hand guns.

I'm a bit late to the party, but these comments struck me as peculiar to say the least.

I'm in Canada, and I'm not really afraid of anything, so I don't feel the need to pack a handgun around with me because of a sense of fear something MIGHT happen. I've never had property stolen from me, never been confronted by armed criminals, don't know of any armed massacres near me, and even sleep at night with my front door unlocked. I can walk down the street without any concerns of passer by's carrying tools designed to kill. The only time I wish I were allowed to conceal carry is when I'm out hiking in bear country...they will get you before before an armed gunman will. I wasn't raised with the mentality that I have the right to bear arms, therefor I should.

Does crime happen here? Sure, but a very low percentage of it is going to be prevented because I can pack a handgun. Haven't felt the need in 41 years.

Not here to argue who is right or wrong, just throwing out another perspective...
Kilowatt
Beer Boy

Postby Dawb » Wed May 22, 2019 6:25 pm

Toddco wrote:I just heard a horror story about Trudeau's new gun law changes. Someone told me that they are not issuing any renewels until the new laws come into place. Apparently they wan to ban all pump, auto and lever guns now. And also completely prohibit hand guns! I can only hope that it is total bullshit!!

Ive heard very similar. a sweeping gun ban. And, rumour has it hes announcing in Vancouver while the PM of New Zealand is here so all the libs can dutch rudder each other.
Dawb
Master Baiter

Postby GordJ » Sun May 26, 2019 11:12 pm

Dawb wrote:
Toddco wrote:I just heard a horror story about Trudeau's new gun law changes. Someone told me that they are not issuing any renewels until the new laws come into place. Apparently they wan to ban all pump, auto and lever guns now. And also completely prohibit hand guns! I can only hope that it is total bullshit!!

Ive heard very similar. a sweeping gun ban. And, rumour has it hes announcing in Vancouver while the PM of New Zealand is here so all the libs can dutch rudder each other.

I was fishing with a buddy on the weekend and his “possession only” had expired and they sent him a pal when he renewed even though his previous “licence” was only possession. I suspect the rumours about delays are b.s.
20' Customweld
6 liter VVT
Hami 212
GordJ
Novice Baiter

Postby Dawb » Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:45 am

GordJ wrote:
Dawb wrote:

I was fishing with a buddy on the weekend and his “possession only” had expired and they sent him a pal when he renewed even though his previous “licence” was only possession. I suspect the rumours about delays are b.s.

Well, ill say again. Some of my medical info changed since I first did my PAL, so wanting to be legal, i updated it on my renewal. Ive called I think 5 times now, about every other month. I sent it in last Mid July and they say its still in secondary and may take another year. unreal. lile theyve got one guy in secondary for all of canada or somethin lol
Dawb
Master Baiter

Postby GordJ » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:57 am

Sorry Dawb, I meant that the stories about an official “slowdown” were not true. I thought that if they were going to stop the licences they would never have given my buddy a Pal when he had only held a possession only before. I’m sure that Canadian bureaucracy can easily lose your application for months.
20' Customweld
6 liter VVT
Hami 212
GordJ
Novice Baiter

Postby fowl barrels » Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:39 pm

I’ll just put this up for you that care.

https://petitions.ourcommons.ca/en/Petition/Sign/e-2341
fowl barrels
Deck Swab

Postby fowl barrels » Mon May 18, 2020 5:34 pm

https://youtu.be/BsrGbf_IkFw
Watch this but it may piss you off
fowl barrels
Deck Swab

Previous

Return to British Columbia