Sponsor Directory

Upper Pitt River Questions

Upper Pitt River Questions

Postby Dubya450 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:27 pm

Hey Guys,

I am Just planning a spring run to the upper Pitt. We are travelling down from Alberta, looking like 5 or 6 boats.
Just Curious if anyone can steer me in the direction of time to go, late April early may I,m wanting to go.
also is there much for accommodations on the water or nearby, and any launches better then the others.

any wisdom would be great.

Thanks in advance.
Dubya450
Deck Swab

Re: Upper Pitt River Questions

Postby Dawb » Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:14 pm

2 launches near,
Pitt River Marina is in the lower river down Reichenback road. Its further and slightly more expensive, a bit nicer tho.

Grant Narrows (Pitt Polder) is at the lower end of the lake. Its the closest u can get to the upper river.

You still need to run up the lake 30-45? mins i think depending on fuel burn rate haha.

i hear theres a cabin (maybe more than one i dno) on the upper that you can rent. And im sure if anything, there are some on the lake that you could rent too with some searching.

As for season, later spring most likely will have the most water, some times there are log jams from runoff tho, and the channels change quite often.

We want to do another meet up, maybe it can be when youre out here
Dawb
Master Baiter

Postby steelheadfreak » Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:12 pm

Just keep in mind, this is a sensitive system with lots of controversy in regards to jet boats. Don't be a$$hats being #1. Be courteous to fisherman and give them a wide birth when possible as there will be plenty out there once the water starts rising. Bring lots of recovery gear. Play safe as this river is notorious for eating boats (keep in mind, heli recovery is expensive). If your crew has limited experience running ultra shallow, braided rivers, maybe not a great river to come too....
steelheadfreak
Boat Enthusiast

Postby Dubya450 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:50 am

I was reading on that earlier that it seems to be a sensitive area regarding jet boats. WE definitely have not intentions of going out there to make anyone mad or hurt the area. we are wanting to keep as many areas open for everyone to enjoy. So much opposition to our sport these days its brutal. our crew is mostly 8 degree bratts along with a explorer and firefish and we all have some good experience in these types of rivers i would like to say. That being said however i haven't seen the Pitt first hand.

Is there an ideal time to go? i was looking end of april beginning of may before spring melt?
We are either going to camp on river weather pending or go up back to back days as its a good days drive for us. If anyone wanted to show us along or join that would be sweet.
Dubya450
Deck Swab

Postby tommycraft » Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:06 pm

GIVE ME A CALL I RUN THE PITT ALOT. I HAVE A FIREFISH SNAPPER WOULD LOVE TO GO FOR A RIP WITH YOU GUYS. TOM 604-202-2314
Tommycraft.ca
tommycraft
Forum Enthusiast

Postby kodiakcustom » Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:38 pm

If I’m able to I’d join as well. Try to give some notice so I can plan on camping out too. I’ve got a hammerhead that wants to spend more time up there.
kodiakcustom
Deck Swab

Postby Team Thompson » Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:31 am

Seen a older dude with a out board jet and 14ft skiff kicking ass up there, nothing fancy, tiller handle and just giving her!
Team Thompson
Deck Swab

Return to British Columbia