Sponsor Directory

Eastern Montana River Rats

Eastern Montana River Rats

Postby smitty5 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:23 am

Any guys in eastern Montana want to get out for a jet boat/fishing gathering in the near future or before winter sets in? Just moved to Williston, ND from Bozeman and am trying to learn the rivers around here and maybe make some new friends in the area. I'm running a new to me 2002 18' weldcraft renegade with a American turbine SD-309 and Chevy vortec 4.3. I've been checking out a few of the local lakes trying to get a feel for the boat and have put in just south of Williston at the bridge and ran about 4 miles up the Missouri but other than that no time on the Yellowstone or any skinny water in this boat. Although this boat is new to me I'm not new to jet boating. I ran a 17' Lowe roughneck tunnel hull with a 90/75 merc outboard for a lot of years in some really skinny water out of Bozeman.

If anyone is interested in a get together running some boats get a hold of me, I'd like to learn the area with somebody that knows it. :chicken:
smitty5
Deck Swab

Re: Eastern Montana River Rats

Postby smitty5 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:31 am

haha well solo mission it is...
smitty5
Deck Swab

Postby smitty » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:08 pm

770 or so miles from Spokane, a bit far for me.

Good luck, hope you find someone to run with you.
Student driver. Stay clear.
smitty
First Mate

Postby smitty5 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:14 am

smitty wrote:770 or so miles from Spokane, a bit far for me.

Good luck, hope you find someone to run with you.

Yeah that'd be a haul for some not so exciting water. I've seen some other guys on the river, a couple of them jets but I just wave as I flyby. I'll be heading to the Missouri breaks for 2 full weeks of hunting and some extended weekends starting next week. So I'm sure I'll run into some other jet boat guys.
smitty5
Deck Swab

Return to Montana