Sponsor Directory

Thanksgiving weekend Run

Thanksgiving weekend Run

Postby da prof » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:50 am

Anyone interested in setting up a Thanksgiving Run on the Sky, Skagit or another local river?
07 Edge Marine Sport SE - 6.0L - 212
da prof
Boat Enthusiast

Re: Thanksgiving weekend Run

Postby da prof » Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:52 pm

I meant on the weekend not thanksgiving day. My wife would not fly for that.
da prof
Boat Enthusiast

Postby bottom bouncer » Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:02 pm

Possibly, keep in touch not sure how my late hunt will turn out and that determines whether I can get the boat out or not
bottom bouncer
Beer Boy

Postby da prof » Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:53 pm

I got a PM from another person that might be interested so we will see. If everyone bails I might head down to PDX for their shindig although local would be preferred.

If you can make it which would you prefer water levels allowing. Skagit, Sky, Snoqualmie, Cowlitz ?
da prof
Boat Enthusiast

Postby chariotdriver » Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:40 am

I'd be interested in the Cowlitz if the flow is up.
chariotdriver
Captain

Postby da prof » Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:12 pm

Would you want to do the Cowlitz above the lake or below and then combo it with some fishing?

I would be game to explore it either way. Lets plan this out.
da prof
Boat Enthusiast

Postby chariotdriver » Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:44 pm

Are you talking about Mayfield, Riffe or Skanewa lake? A couple benefits of running downstream of Mayfield is lots of fish and not much if any pump clogging junk in the water. I'd prefer the lower run, I haven't used the new launch in Toledo yet. Guessing the Toutle is pumping some serious Mt St Helens ash.
chariotdriver
Captain

Postby da prof » Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:34 pm

Unless we get some more wacky Hi Temp Hi Elevation rain I think most of the rivers are going to clean up a good bit by next weekend. I would love to hit the Lower from Toledo to the Dam. I was even thinking of the launch at Mandy Rd. But I could go either way.

What time on Sat. do you want to meet up? Are you gonna put poles in the water?
da prof
Boat Enthusiast

Postby chariotdriver » Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:02 pm

You're right on the rivers clearing up. The upper Cowlitz is a great run; it's only issue is water level predictability. I wouldn't take my tub up there with less than 4K showing on the Packwood/Randle gauges. Less than 3K it's a river made for those Canadian style hot rods with over-built bottoms sporting steel or plastic overlay; also, don't trust my braided river reading skills.
Mandy Rd would work though I've never used it. Always bring a pole.......learned that hard lesson years ago.
What time were you thinking about? Mandy Rd to the dam is probably 25 miles; down running to the mouth on the Columbia is 30+.
chariotdriver
Captain

Postby da prof » Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:40 pm

I'm an early bird so what ever works for you. At this point we can open it up to anyone else but it would appear that were the only for sure people.

Good light starts at 8am and the temps start getting better by 10am so lets plan on meeting at say 9am? I am totally flexible, I'll be coming from Renton.

11/28 Cowlitz Run Details
Meeting Time: 9:00am on 11/28
Meeting Place: Mandy Road Boat Ramp (https://goo.gl/maps/e7qEis9YyX52) [46.413619, -122.890938]
Plan: Run Up and/or down the river with breaks for fishing or chatting.
What to Bring:
- Lunch & Beverages - I will have a BBQ on my boat for anyone that wants to heat something up.
- Clothes / Stuff for a cold washington style day in NOV. Maybe some rain, sun, snow or sleet, or all at various times
- Fishing Gear
- VHF Radio (Not Mandatory but would be nice)

I am offering up seats on my boat and I will update here as I fill them up for anyone that is without a ride and wants to join in. No Bananas are allowed on my Vessel.
da prof
Boat Enthusiast

Postby chariotdriver » Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:28 pm

Sounds good. There will be 1 or 2 more boats coming along with me. Sent you a PM
chariotdriver
Captain

Postby da prof » Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:42 pm

Can't wait to see how you trailer multiple boats behind your rig! Man I have a feeling I am going to learn all sorts of good stuff this weekend!!!!!

:chicken:
da prof
Boat Enthusiast

Postby da prof » Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:27 pm

It doesn't look like I will have anyone filling up my seats. If you are interested in riding along let me know. I plan on fishing but I have not yet mastered the technique of running plugs alone from the Jet boat without causing quite a spectacle so we will see how that goes.
da prof
Boat Enthusiast

Postby Riverjohn » Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:30 pm

Did you have you're run? You know what they say. "No Pics, It didn't happen." :o :shock:
Riverjohn
Captain

Postby chariotdriver » Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:03 pm

We did; Da Prof has some pics. Forgot my charging cord with a dead battery in the camera. Ran the 25 miles up to the dam then down 15 miles to the Toutle; could have went further but they had dropped the river from 14K+ to less than 10K which makes downstream of the Toutle confluence a braided mess with all the St Helens ash. Da Prof is quite a gourmet; incredible rack of ribs off his onboard BBQ.

Here is a shot of the barrier dam: I was pulled over stomping on the grate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTC4Vib ... e=youtu.be
chariotdriver
Captain

Postby da prof » Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:21 pm

Just got off the sky.

Last week I launched at the lewis st. launch and it was low, really low had to use some man power to get over the sand bar. Today it was un-doable. I watched a 17' sled get stuck so I called it off there. I was just taking my mom and dad out for an eagle trip with my wife. We ended up launching at Hi Bridge on the snoqualmie which was fine, muddy and certainly nice to have big tires and 4x4 but we got it in and out. Ran from Hi Bridge up to Gold Bar. Massive eagles out today, in fact we had an amazing trip, BBQ'd up a storm and then enjoyed a nice little show when we passed the lewis launch watching guys up to arm pits in sand pushing sleds over the gravel... It was a great day. My mommy took photos so I will get one to post to prove it happened ... LOL
da prof
Boat Enthusiast

Return to Washington