Sponsor Directory

Snohomish Cady Park to 522 Area

Snohomish Cady Park to 522 Area

Postby Joshua » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:22 pm

After my run-in on the sky, my next trip out was from Rotary park to Snohomish on the flood tide. Launching in the mud at low tide was the most eventful part of that trip.

Anyways looking at Bing/MapQuest areal images (when the river appears pretty low based on what I am familiar with) how is navigation eastbound from Snohomish to the snoq/sky confluence? A few of the braids look a little unclear which is the better route.

Is the channel pretty obvious from the water? Any pointers?

Also while we are at it. How is the river at it's current level at 2000 f^3/s vs. 1500 f^3/s (after vs. before the rain)?

Is there a flow rate that would start raising alarm bells on the Shohomish, Skykomish and Snoqualmie? I am pretty local to the High Bridge Launch, so that is likely to be a frequent starting point for me so I am most interested in familiarizing myself with those rivers initially. Reviewing a years worth of flows, there are some pretty high spikes in there!

Thanks!

Josh
Joshua
Deck Swab

Re: Snohomish Cady Park to 522 Area

Postby Sinktip » Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:54 pm

You will have to worry less now that the rains have raised the local rivers significantly. I know the Sky was at 440 cfs when I played around on a short section around Ben Howard last week. Yesterday it was up over 1,600. Dropping now but likely seen the last of the 500 cfs ranges until next year.
2006 Lowe Roughneck 1655TN/D
Merc 90/65 jet
Sinktip
Deck Swab

Re: Snohomish Cady Park to 522 Area

Postby Joshua » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:35 pm

Not to bad, though the tide had an effect further up river than I was expecting (based on nothing) The morning trip was up to Thomas Eddy with out major issue, back to snohomish to pick up the family. Wanted to go to upper rock, but that was not in the cards time wise.

A few bars were starting to pop out from the first braid up-river from the pilchuck, gave my wife a small taste of scuffing the gravel on her first In the river trip.

Caught a humpy early on, coho remains elusive.

Need to mind the bilge during heavy rains of Sunday. Rock plugged grate and a bunch of water slushing around was slowing her to get up on plane.

Next trip in high bridge, run down river and work my way back up.
Joshua
Deck Swab

Return to Washington