Sponsor Directory

Wooldridge Urethane Foot

Wooldridge Urethane Foot

Postby deanriver73 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:45 pm

I'm the first kid on my block to have the new urethane foot from Wooldridge. Took it for a test ride yesterday, and it handled great, not much if any speed difference. I couldn't really tell any difference from the stock cast aluminum foot. My boat is a 2016 Wooldridge Alaskan, with an Evinrude E-Tec 105 jet. Anyone else in Oregon running a urethane foot? Comments, concerns, experience? Thanks!
Attachments
U foot.jpg
deanriver73
Deck Swab

Re: Wooldridge Urethane Foot

Postby Stumpy » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:34 pm

I've given it some thought, but I wanted to wait until I heard some input.

My greatest concern is how the "wings" on your foot react to glancing or more solid collisions with rocks. That seems to be where I get most of the beauty marks on my boat. Please post a followup once your foot has some bottom-bouncing.

Thanks for posting this, and thanks in advance for anyone providing input regarding durability.
Stumpy
Buoy Boy

Postby deanriver73 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:07 pm

I agree, nearly all of my hits(3) are on the fins. This motor originally didn't have fins, but while at the factory last summer they talked me into adding fins. I immediately started hitting the fins, hence the upgrade(?). I can't believe this stuff is hard enough, but fingers crossed. I will be testing it on a weekly basis this season. Stay tuned.
deanriver73
Deck Swab

Postby eby8510 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:18 pm

Any updates on this?
eby8510
Beer Boy

Return to Oregon