Sponsor Directory

Seems like another river grab?

Seems like another river grab?

Postby Riverjohn » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:22 pm

[OSMB-News] News Release -Marine Board Seeks Public Comment on Petition for Rules on Lake Billy Chinook
Inbox
x

MASSEY Ashley * OSMB via listsmart.osl.state.or.us
11:06 AM (1 hour ago)

to osmb-news
For Immediate Release Date: Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Marine Board Seeks Public Comment on Petition for Rules on Lake Billy Chinook

The Oregon State Marine Board received a petition for rulemaking on October 2, 2017 requesting a no wake and no unauthorized anchoring in the Fly Creek Subdivision on Lake Billy Chinook in Jefferson County.

The proposed rule would establish a no-wake zone in the entirety of the Fly Creek Inlet of Lake Billy Chinook and unauthorized anchoring, mooring or beaching a boat would be allowed only if granted permission by the private property owners within the zone. The proposed no-wake and unauthorized anchoring/mooring/beaching zones would extend beyond the Fly Creek Inlet into the Metolius River arm, in addition to a 200 feet proximity around floating structures present up to a point 500 feet west and 1200 feet east of the Fly Creek Inlet.

The petition sites a need for the rule based on safety concerns due to the proximity and quantity of permitted floating structures and underwater obstructions in the Fly Creek Inlet.

Written comments can be submitted via email to osmb.rulemaking@oregon.gov or by U.S. mail to: June LeTarte, Administrative Rules Coordinator, 435 Commercial Street NE, Suite 400, Salem, OR 97301. Comments via telephone will not be accepted.

Following the close of the public comment period, the Board will meet on December 5, via teleconference from the Marine Board office in Salem to discuss the petition. The Board may make a motion to deny, or direct staff to initiate the rulemaking process to consider the proposed petition. Public comment on this petition will not be accepted at the Board meeting. If the Board directs staff to open the rulemaking process, additional public comment will be sought before final rule adoption.

To review the petition and public notice, visit http://www.oregon.gov/OSMB/info/Pages/R ... tices.aspx.
###

Ashley A. Massey
Legislative Coordinator
Public Information Officer
Oregon State Marine Board
503-378-2623
EmailOSMB_logos_cmyk_300dpi

I don't know the area well enough. Sounds like owners of property want most people out of there. I can understand them not wanting people to beach if that is there property. Is the Metolius river runnable? Those who know this area what do you think?
Riverjohn
Captain

Re: Seems like another river grab?

Postby Eagle1 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:57 pm

This is in the lake. They can't put in pilings because they don't want to spend the money to do it right. We put in 300 feet of big floating dock in Washington state in solid granite. Put in a new break water to protect them and have the owners pick up tab. My guess is they would say no. Give them crying towels for now.

Eagle1
Eagle1
Captain

Postby warfighteroutfitters » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:32 pm

I am not sure where they are coming from since there is already wake and speed restrictions around fly creek, the marina and even up the arm along the cabins on the Metolius. I can't really see the need or want to impose more zones on that section of water.
This is what I do.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvNCRvgB7rE
This is where you can help. www.warfighteroutfitters.org
warfighteroutfitters
Deck Swab

Postby waylon » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:31 pm

yes the Metolious river is runnable. :Drink: I am a free man. :Drink:
"Only God knows why" Image
waylon
Master Baiter

Postby scenicjetboats » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:55 pm

People build homes in areas where something is going on and when they figure they don't like an established practice they try and change the rules for those that where already there.
Ex- Winter-Nice lake frontage we will build a home and go fishing in our little row boat.
Summer-damned ski junkies disturbing our row boat.

Or

We'll build a sub division out by this nice green farm ground. Next thing you know &*#%$&* farmers are stirring up all this dust next to my pretty home.

We've been using an outdoor fire whistle since like the 1940's Now all the new comers are complaining they get woke up at night. Poor bastards at least they get to roll over and go back to sleep. I have to get up because some old fart fell out of bed 3 hours ago and wants a free ride to the hospital because his back hurts. And I'm guessing he is one that complained about the whistle.

Sorry Rant over.
2006 North River Commander X 21.5'
6.0 L Vortec
212 Hamilton
scenicjetboats
Master Baiter

Postby lovetheedge » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:35 pm

"The proposed no-wake and unauthorized anchoring/mooring/beaching zones would extend beyond the Fly Creek Inlet into the Metolius River arm."

The owners now want to "own the public's water". Ownership only extends to the high water mark. Now they want give permission to others to anchor in public waters!
And no one is outraged by this?
lovetheedge
Master Baiter

Postby GASMAN » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:15 am

I say we bring in a 800 foot oil tanker and anchor it right in front of their house.. call it nostalgic this is what the world runs on this is how you get to and from your precious property along the lake enjoy have a nice day
" GASMAN "
22 FT STICKSTEER
FANCIED UP ( RED DOT) DUCKWORTH
770 3 Stage Hami w/ 1,5,4 Stainless Impellers
coupled to a KODIAK MARINE
350 FUEL INJECTED H2o Pumping Hell Raising, Blue Bow Tie CHEVY
YAMAHA 9.9
TR-1 GOLD
GASMAN
Buoy Boy

Return to Oregon