Sponsor Directory

Forest service latest recreation fee propasal

Forest service latest recreation fee propasal

Postby cromedogg33 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:09 pm

I guess when you try to help out the idiots and get grants, volunteer and be patient with their complete lack of doing anything they think it's time to raise the fees for the area. Looks like they are just moving from the permit for boaters to the campground and parking. My 2 cents, if they wanted to actually clean a bathroom or possibly work on anything up there I wouldn't have a problem with the campground fee increase. 8 to 15 dollars per night for a campground and adding 5 per extra vehicle.

They sure can work on increasing fees, doing less and blaming covid for not getting any work done.

https://www.facebook.com/13089772027064 ... =3&theater

https://imgur.com/a/KMA1G48
cromedogg33
Forum Enthusiast

Re: Forest service latest recreation fee propasal

Postby cromedogg33 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:13 pm

Can't find it on their website but it's at the campground.
Attachments
FS pitts.jpg
cromedogg33
Forum Enthusiast

Postby Riverjohn » Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:10 pm

cromedogg33 wrote:I guess when you try to help out the idiots and get grants, volunteer and be patient with their complete lack of doing anything they think it's time to raise the fees for the area. Looks like they are just moving from the permit for boaters to the campground and parking. My 2 cents, if they wanted to actually clean a bathroom or possibly work on anything up there I wouldn't have a problem with the campground fee increase. 8 to 15 dollars per night for a campground and adding 5 per extra vehicle.

They sure can work on increasing fees, doing less and blaming covid for not getting any work done.

https://www.facebook.com/13089772027064 ... =3&theater

https://imgur.com/a/KMA1G48

They are Completely Worthless!!!!! The Clubs have fixed the water only to have them Frak it up again. And you are right they don't even seem to be able to clean the toilets on a regular basis. And lets not forget their latest Frak-Up. Scheduling and delaying the Chip Sealing of the Parking Lot. Leaving it Closed last week when it could have been open and used. Instead everyone is parking in the Rock infested Field. :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: Hopefully the Rumor's of Idaho Power are true and they take it over. :Drink: :Drink:
Riverjohn
Captain

Postby Eagle1 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:27 pm

I offered to install solar LED lights in the bathrooms at Pittsburg and the FS needed to have a meeting to see if that was workable. Just take the park away from the FS and let Idaho Power run it. Did the water ever get fixed? I know we were talking about this in the last 3-4 years.
Eagle1
Captain

Postby cromedogg33 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:48 pm

Eagle1 wrote:I offered to install solar LED lights in the bathrooms at Pittsburg and the FS needed to have a meeting to see if that was workable. Just take the park away from the FS and let Idaho Power run it. Did the water ever get fixed? I know we were talking about this in the last 3-4 years.

If you are talking about the brand new water system that all the clubs worked with parks and rec to get the forest service an almost 200k dollar grant......no it’s still not fixed. My understanding is all the contract work has been done for months and months. Still waiting for the incompetent dipshits to get their “engineers” to finish. Covid was the answer their management needed to continue with dragging their feet on this. It’s really time for this entire departments management to be reviewed. At some point we can only be lied too so much.

Sad thing is I would happily pay 15$ a night to stay there with water, a clean bathroom, working dump station, mowed grass, trees being trimmed and watered.

This 5$ extra for each car is a direct way for the camping people to fork the bill. Why don’t they charge 5$ for all the floaters who leave their cars in the trailer parking spots? Or all the guided trip vehicles that park there as well? The only thing that charging 5$ to the campers will accomplish is, everyone will just move their vehicle to the “trailer parking” spots so that they don’t pay.
cromedogg33
Forum Enthusiast

Postby Eagle1 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:59 pm

The last that was going to happen was to get the gen. set gone and run the pump on solar panels. I laughed knowing it was a pipe dream. I will pay for services but not excuse's. We know that the virus didn't break the water system. We also know being six feet apart at Pittsburg is easy, so finish the water system.
Eagle1
Captain

Postby viking » Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:52 am

Has anybody found a location on their website where this is discussed? I only found some apparently dead stuff from 2016.

Last week I was at the trailhead, and I'm pretty sure the sign there said they are going to charge $5 to hike.
I'm not Bruce
viking
Captain

Postby lovetheedge » Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:14 pm

So I tried to called the phone number on the notice and every time I tried to call it rang a few times and disconnected. I called the district office and they gave me another phone number 541.523-6391 and her name is Teresa. I did not speak with her as she was out of the office today. So I got a guy named Jay. I wanted to know if a boat on a trailer was considered an extra vehicle and it is not. I told them I am not opposed to the increase, but could not understand why the water had not been fixed. He made an interesting comment about how expensive it is to manage Pittsburg due to the distance they have to travel to pump the toilets and send in people. He also said it was one the most heavily used campgrounds in the district. He also said the money goes into the pot for the park and the money is budgeted throughout the district. He said he would give the message to Teresa about the water.
lovetheedge
Captain

Postby cromedogg33 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:15 pm

lovetheedge wrote:So I tried to called the phone number on the notice and every time I tried to call it rang a few times and disconnected. I called the district office and they gave me another phone number 541.523-6391 and her name is Teresa. I did not speak with her as she was out of the office today. So I got a guy named Jay. I wanted to know if a boat on a trailer was considered an extra vehicle and it is not. I told them I am not opposed to the increase, but could not understand why the water had not been fixed. He made an interesting comment about how expensive it is to manage Pittsburg due to the distance they have to travel to pump the toilets and send in people. He also said it was one the most heavily used campgrounds in the district. He also said the money goes into the pot for the park and the money is budgeted throughout the district. He said he would give the message to Teresa about the water.

I sure hope you don't believe that giant pile of steaming shit he just fed you either.
cromedogg33
Forum Enthusiast

Postby viking » Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:17 pm

Guess on the chip seal cost? And comparison with drinking water repair cost?
I'm not Bruce
viking
Captain

Postby whee » Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:53 pm

Sounds like the district has a crappy recreation planner or that the rec planner doesn’t like jet boats. Is Teresa the rec planner?

To get these fee increases passed they have to be approved by the RAC which is made up of members of the public. RAC meetings are open to the public. Join the RAC and/or attend the meetings are the most effective ways to stop stupid stuff like this.

Calling your representative staffers is also pretty effective. Risch is a dipshit but his staffers are responsive and he seems to enjoy sticking it to the fed.
I'm brand new to jet boats so don't listen to anything I say.
whee
First Mate

Postby fuelman » Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:04 pm

Just saw this on the local news feed here in Eastern Oregon.

https://elkhornmediagroup.com/wallowa-w ... e-changes/
fuelman
Buoy Boy

Postby vert181 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:21 am

viking wrote:Guess on the chip seal cost? And comparison with drinking water repair cost?

These two items were done with two separate grants from Parks and Rec.
I like my boats like I like my women, slathered in lipstick and scrunchies.
vert181
Master Baiter

Return to Idaho