Sponsor Directory

IJBA will it survive

IJBA will it survive

Postby lovetheedge » Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:25 am

I just read the letter from the IJBA board regarding the lack of new volunteer help which will lead to many on the board leaving the board due to basically being burned out, thus an end to IJBA. They cancelled the banquet due to no one stepping up to lead it which will lead to not having enough money to run the club.
I am sorry to hear it. I do understand where they are coming from and I don't blame them. I applaud them and their wives all for what they have done in the past. I live way too far away from Boise (a 2 hour drive one way) and have and have had too many medical issues to have jumped onto the board, otherwise I would have. Participating with the board one really makes some good friends and it is a way of giving back.
If they shut down, that will leave only WWA to put on club runs. If those who went only to the IJBA runs will now be added to the WWA runs which are pretty crowded now, that will leave many frustrated people left out after getting there. I personally belong to both clubs and participated with both groups on the club runs. Since I don't have a friend with a jet boat to go boating with, the club runs were my primary running times. Plus I liked the IBJA people who came to those runs. I hope IJBA survives. I don't know what could be done now to make it better.
I would be interested in others points of view on this and if they plan to send in their 2020 membership dues which are due now.
lovetheedge
Captain

Re: IJBA will it survive

Postby cromedogg33 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:27 pm

The IJBA is not going anywhere. None of our board or officers have stepped down or quit. The club is looking at other ways of bringing in revenue other than a banquet (which requires a ton of dedication and time). This is more or less a letter wanting to have old, new and current members to give us input on how we can get more involvement in the club.

With our small community the IJBA has built over the years I think we are doing a great job of staying on top of legislation that would adversely affect all boaters. We have an awesome membership that continually volunteers hundreds of hours each year to community events.

We hope to see everyone on our runs this year.
cromedogg33
Novice Baiter

Re: IJBA will it survive

Postby viking » Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:46 pm

FYI I read a college sociology text book long ago, and it described clubs in very general terms. It said that all clubs have difficulty getting board/officer volunteers. It also said that if you want to be a club officer, simply join the club and volunteer.
viking
Captain

Return to Idaho