Sponsor Directory

Lower Salmon Noobs 2019

Re: Lower Salmon Noobs 2019

Postby lovetheedge » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:40 pm

broken horn brewing company is open Wed-Sun. 208.315-5472. If you make arrangements to have them mailed to you, that is great otherwise I live nearby in Cascade, perhaps something can be worked out.
Dennis
lovetheedge
First Mate

Postby chariotdriver » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:22 pm

Woo-hoo! Looking forward to making this again and thank you for getting the ball rolling. I'll be handing out jugs of Stay-Afloat to any first timers :)
chariotdriver
Captain

Postby FlyLow » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:57 pm

chariotdriver wrote:Woo-hoo! Looking forward to making this again and thank you for getting the ball rolling. I'll be handing out jugs of Stay-Afloat to any first timers :)

Well if your handing out jugs of Stay-Afloat, I have nothing to worry about. :Drink: I’d like to make the run, we’ll see how the flows are looking in March.
FlyLow
Forum Enthusiast

Postby chariotdriver » Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:19 pm

FlyLow wrote:
chariotdriver wrote:Woo-hoo! Looking forward to making this again and thank you for getting the ball rolling. I'll be handing out jugs of Stay-Afloat to any first timers :)

Well if your handing out jugs of Stay-Afloat, I have nothing to worry about. :Drink: I’d like to make the run, we’ll see how the flows are looking in March.

Need to add a little to the post and hope you can make it for the run to demo your one of a kind pump.

The Stay-Afloat was handed out to all who showed up last year; will be handing it out again to drivers who want it. Bought a case of it after my failed U-boat experiment 2 summers ago. Tested a bunch of hull fix-it stuff; it's the best there is short of a welder. Knowing what I know now, the boat could have been back up and running in less than an hour. Would have meant an extra day on the water for the great folks who helped get the boat off the bottom, down the river, and back on the trailer.

My comment has nothing to do with first timers being in peril; need to pause, re-read, then submit :Drink1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=888wQhRcmjQ
chariotdriver
Captain

Postby FlyLow » Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:56 pm

chariotdriver wrote:
FlyLow wrote:

Need to add a little to the post and hope you can make it for the run to demo your one of a kind pump.

The Stay-Afloat was handed out to all who showed up last year; will be handing it out again to drivers who want it. Bought a case of it after my failed U-boat experiment 2 summers ago. Tested a bunch of hull fix-it stuff; it's the best there is short of a welder. Knowing what I know now, the boat could have been back up and running in less than an hour. Would have meant an extra day on the water for the great folks who helped get the boat off the bottom, down the river, and back on the trailer.

My comment has nothing to do with first timers being in peril; need to pause, re-read, then submit :Drink1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=888wQhRcmjQ

I was unaware stay-afloat was a real thing, I thought your comment was a joke. That stuff is effective, thanks for clearing it up.
FlyLow
Forum Enthusiast

Postby seanster » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:36 am

I actually Googled it. Apparently many rescue agencies carry it in their boats. Interesting.
seanster
Deck Swab

Postby Ahusk » Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:08 am

Looks like a toilet wax ring in a tub. May order some to add to the kit.

Ever since Chariotdrivers incident I started carrying a duffel bag on longer trips with a big thing of two part underwater concrete epoxy, steel wool and a chunk of .100 aluminimum and a bunch of sheet metal screws.

The stay a float may have kept his boat from going down at all but I have a hard time believing you could drive it back to the dock with this plugging the massive hole in the intake. At least it would buy you some time to formulate a plan. The fact that he was carrying a rope along is really what saved his boat. I am a firm believer everyone should have one and at least 200 ft of rope in the boat.
Ahusk
First Mate

Postby chariotdriver » Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:33 pm

The pump didn't have a hole or any missing material, just a nice 1/4" crack which could have easily been fixed with the waxy stuff. Check out the autopsy pics; end of the Catharsis thread.

The driveshaft alignment was a factor; easy to fix once the environment went static.
Last edited by chariotdriver on Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
chariotdriver
Captain

Postby Ahusk » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:32 pm

Could be, hopefully none of us will ever find out.
Ahusk
First Mate

Postby lovetheedge » Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:26 pm

Just returned from back doctor, my chance of making it is 10% at best, everything would need to go perfectly. After surgery, a minimum 4 months layoff. I would need to have the surgery by Dec 1. May not be able to do surgery until I get my blood under control. I have a stint in my right carotid and it is 50% blocked right now, risk for stroke maybe too great to risk the surgery. Going to Salt Lake for second opinion from a professor there. It's all part of the admission price to old age.
Good news is Dr said I can return to jet boating after my back gets fused.
I've known this was coming for some time, that time just arrived.
lovetheedge
First Mate

Postby viking » Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:17 pm

viking
Captain

Postby lovetheedge » Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:46 am

I will ask about it.
lovetheedge
First Mate

Postby viking » Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:55 am

Or just fly down to Panama...
viking
Captain

Postby Howard » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:55 pm

Moses Lake will try to be there with 3-4 people. Thank you for putting this together.
Howard
Moses Lake WA
hwhomes@outlook.com
Precision Weld 24' X 7'
Yanmar 6LP w/ Hamilton 241
Howard
Forum Enthusiast

Postby viking » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:03 pm

This year's theme song choices

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsCOTsE4atQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5ZRENlmdAE