Sponsor Directory

Corn Creek To Confluence 2019 (CCTC)

Corn Creek To Confluence 2019 (CCTC)

Postby viking » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:19 pm

Announcing! Salmon river run from Corn Creek (about 40 miles downstream from North Fork, ID) to confluence (with Snake River) roughly May/June 2019, depending on flow. 200 miles each way. Fuel truck at White Bird, ID. Target flow is 20-30K on the White Bird gauge. This is not a noob run. At the target flows it is primarily a "look out for big water" run, rather than a "dodge a zillion rocks" run. However, this doesn't mean there will be zero rock-dodging.

In past runs, participants had no requirements other than a boat and human pilot. However, this year "we" are raising the bar: lexan or equivalent is required. If you attend the 2019 run, we will explain how this new requirement came into existence.

Depending on your boat, experience, and risk-tolerance, this may or may not be the run for you. Opportunities to pre-run portions of the river are (1) the spring lower Salmon noob run, and (2) the spring runs with either the WWA or IJBA. However, these are likely to be at lower flow than the CCTC. Crappy equipment and inexperience have completed this run successfully in the past. However, this may or may not be the norm.

Exact date will be known when it is known.

Caveat emptor.
Caveat lector.

Vodka!
viking
Captain
 
Posts: 2742
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:08 pm
Location: Idaho Falls

Re: Corn Creek To Confluence 2019 (CCTC)

Postby lovetheedge » Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:35 pm

Peter gets a new boat and turns into a mad man, I still want to do this run. Maybe this year the stars will align.
User avatar
lovetheedge
First Mate
 
Posts: 961
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:19 pm
Location: Cascade, ID

Re: Corn Creek To Confluence 2019 (CCTC)

Postby chariotdriver » Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:29 pm

lovetheedge wrote:Peter gets a new boat and turns into a mad man, I still want to do this run. Maybe this year the stars will align.


Pretty funny. Hoping the schedule, flows, stars, etc. all get in alignment. An incredible stretch of water, would really like to make it again.
chariotdriver
Captain
 
Posts: 1100
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:02 am
Location: Olympia

Re: Corn Creek To Confluence 2019 (CCTC)

Postby NoProplem » Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:16 am

viking wrote:
In past runs, participants had no requirements other than a boat and human pilot. However, this year "we" are raising the bar: lexan or equivalent is required. !



I guess me and my plain glass windows will have to stay home... :Scared:
NoProplem
First Mate
 
Posts: 757
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:01 pm

Re: Corn Creek To Confluence 2019 (CCTC)

Postby viking » Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:11 pm

See harborsales.net for lexan delivered to your door.

"TUFFAK AR Polycarbonate Sheet"
viking
Captain
 
Posts: 2742
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:08 pm
Location: Idaho Falls

Re: Corn Creek To Confluence 2019 (CCTC)

Postby Skirulefool » Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:17 pm

What is the lowest flows you guys have done this run?
Skirulefool
Deck Swab
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:04 am

Re: Corn Creek To Confluence 2019 (CCTC)

Postby viking » Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:24 pm

21K White Bird.

Primary gotchas as flow gets lower are (1) sleeper rocks in the Twin Bridges area, and (2) Black Creek, which is about 20 miles downstream from Corn Creek. We've run Twin Bridges at 17K, but I don't have a feel for when the sleepers become important. Black Creek has changed a lot the past couple years, so a low cutoff is tough to call. We ran it at about 12K a couple years ago.

Bear in mind that, although we do know the river somewhat, we're definitely doing a lot of read-and-run. The few who are intimate with the entire 200 miles can run it at far lower flow.
viking
Captain
 
Posts: 2742
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:08 pm
Location: Idaho Falls

Re: Corn Creek To Confluence 2019 (CCTC)

Postby Skirulefool » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:10 pm

viking wrote:21K White Bird.

Primary gotchas as flow gets lower are (1) sleeper rocks in the Twin Bridges area, and (2) Black Creek, which is about 20 miles downstream from Corn Creek. We've run Twin Bridges at 17K, but I don't have a feel for when the sleepers become important. Black Creek has changed a lot the past couple years, so a low cutoff is tough to call. We ran it at about 12K a couple years ago.

Bear in mind that, although we do know the river somewhat, we're definitely doing a lot of read-and-run. The few who are intimate with the entire 200 miles can run it at far lower flow.

Thanks, I might be able to make it
Skirulefool
Deck Swab
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:04 am


Return to Idaho

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron