Sponsor Directory

clean bathrooms at campgrounds

clean bathrooms at campgrounds

Postby lovetheedge » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:16 am

I just returned from 5 days at Pittsburg Landing. There was a large contingency of jet boats there, mostly hoping for some Salmon. Only saw one ATV outfit. Well the bathrooms were littered with toilet paper each day. I picked it up each day. People were complaining about the bathrooms not being clean, but it was the jet boaters who were inconsiderate and left a mess behind them. I can't imagine them doing this at home, why would they do this to others here? We have to do our part to keep it clean.
lovetheedge
Master Baiter

Re: clean bathrooms at campgrounds

Postby cromedogg33 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:01 am

Not sure which bathroom you were using but they were nasty the day I showed up on Thursday. I guess the new seasonal employees are flipping a coin to see who doesn't have to clean the bathroom and both winning. I guess when you wear flip flops and not your work boots all weekend while working this might happen.

Toilet paper or not, I don't think people are putting all the flies/spiders/earwigs in there without sweeping it up or even giving a half ass attempt and wiping down the outside of the toilet. 99% of the problem with toilet paper is their dispenser is broken at least in the upper bathroom.

There was a HUGE forest service presence this weekend. First time I've ever been checked on a permit. Saw at least 10 different guys, multiple trucks and both of their boats on the river this weekend. I know they've been doing some work on the cabin at kirkwood.
cromedogg33
Novice Baiter

Postby desperado » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:48 pm

Dennis, I agree with you I also agree with Cromedogg, as you said the lower bathroom was a mess, it would help if we had WATER, in the past myself and my wife along with a couple other folks would clean the lower bathroom down with bleach and sweep it out. I carry a garden hose for this very purpose. In the back of that FS truck is a big tank, if they would just leave it there hell would clean those bathrooms, it's no worse than my current job, "running a Wastewater treatment plant" I also am licensed through the state as a water treatment operator, my bet is the hiccup with turning on the water is it does not currently meet state or federal clean water standards for potable water. I'm willing to donate my time if the FS will allow us to do so. Hell it is all a damn shame currently at the campground. :RTFM:
desperado
Buoy Boy

Postby fuelman » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:22 pm

I never litter and I don't condone leaving a mess for anyone to have to clean up, however I am not interested in cleaning the Forest Service's bathrooms for them. I clean those bathrooms every April when I pay my taxes.
fuelman
Buoy Boy

Return to Idaho