Sponsor Directory

Mini charging

Small size, big attitude!

Mini charging

Postby leadpillproductions » Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:41 pm

Was wondering what's everyone doing for a charging system? Seen a pic of a guy who put a alternator in line to the engine shaft.
Im running a 255 season engine any info would be awesome thanks
leadpillproductions
Deck Swab

Re: Mini charging

Postby jetboatwanabe » Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:01 pm

i saw that post also and asked a question and don't think he responded??? but lost the post so don't know??? if he answered on FB. if you get any info let me know Sir :Drink1: :bash:
:chicken:
Rock Hauler, still gathering parts and saving money, getting wet soon but still paddling for now!
jetboatwanabe
Master Baiter

Postby Ahusk » Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:07 pm

Sea-doo motors have a stator that charges the battery. Mine runs my heater and normal electronics no problem.
Ahusk
Captain

Postby leadpillproductions » Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:25 pm

Ahusk wrote:Sea-doo motors have a stator that charges the battery. Mine runs my heater and normal electronics no problem.

Id didn't. think the stator chargers enough to charge up , Ill be running heater 2 lite bars and 2 side pods if I get stuck after dark
leadpillproductions
Deck Swab

Postby Ahusk » Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:06 am

Mine has not been a problem so far in 400hrs. Like I said I don't run my heater much but when I have it hasn't been an issue. There is a three pin deutsche connector coming off the stator that got hot and melted once I assume from corrosion on the nickel pins. I replaced it with gold pins and it's been fine ever since.
Ahusk
Captain

Return to Mini Boats