Sponsor Directory

Mini Boat seat's

Small size, big attitude!

Mini Boat seat's

Postby Wiskey Tango Foxtrot » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:47 am

Saw a pair of seat's suitable for a mini in Princess Auto in Kelowna for $100 each they looked pretty good for Princess Auto standards and are shorter than the standard Razor seats that people tend to use for mini's . Just throwing it out there for people looking for seat's
I took the Short Bus to school because they told me it was "Faster".....What did they tell you ?
Wiskey Tango Foxtrot
Buoy Boy

Re: Mini Boat seat's

Postby Music Man » Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:11 pm

Looks like if you want a Rotax engine in your mini you will have to use their pump too. I asked a question and didn't get an answer from PACIFIC POWERTRAIN about this. My builder tried to get a new 250hp motor and use a different pump and PACIFIC POWERTRAIN would not sell them one. Seems like you use their "package" with no modifications or else it is a nogo.
2008 24' HCM 8.1L "River Dog"
Music Man
Forum Enthusiast

Postby Music Man » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:00 pm

Well I got a reply that affirms their unwillingness to let people modify anything or go to a stronger pump. I just bought a new 2017 300hp jet ski for the same price they are asking for just the 250hp motor and pump. Guess what is going in my new boat! Any one want to buy a new jetski without a motor? Life is to short for cookie cutter parts. Would you buy a gun with a contract that said you couldn't take off the iron sites and put on a scope?

"by PPI » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:18 pm
We sell a complete propulsion package that includes everything from the stomp grate to the key switch. Yes we require the OEM's to use our suction package. The main reason is our contractual obligation to BRP to develop a consistent way of getting the same performance results time and time again with many different boat applications. We have a lot of money and time to develop our suction package, and we believe we have a product that will fit most boats. There was 2 things that people seemed to ask for when we were developing this. First lots of bars for debris protection, and then they wanted lots of open area to have none or minimal cavitation. We understand that there are some minijet boat builders that do not want to adjust their boat to fit this suction, but there are many others that have, or are making appropriate adjustments to fit this suction and are happy to have it. Fitment doesn't seem to be an issue outside of the minijet market.

There is a couple things that cannot be altered in this package. First thing that cannot be altered is the muffler. The muffler is part of the EPA certification. If altered the package will no longer meet any EPA certifications, including CARB certification. If the EPA certification is voided then that makes this package illegal for a OEM to install into their boat.

Second is the intercooler. The intercooler has formed hoses that don't have any excess strain on the hoses, and have a barb at each location to help keep the hoses on when under pressure. Most OEM's that want to move the intercooler want to cut the provided hoses and use aluminum pipe in between mutiple hoses to get the routing they want. They don't bother putting a barb on the pipe and increase the clamp connections from 2 per hose, to 4-6 per hose. It becomes difficult to maintain consistency and reliability when this happens. If the intercooler is a problem for a builder then I would recommend going to the 200, or 150hp engines."
Music Man
Forum Enthusiast

Postby tnairn » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:39 pm

That's pretty standard for oem manufacturers. Just means if you really don't like it you are stuck buying the housing and selling it after you receive your package. As long as you are not a builder I guess
tnairn
Master Baiter

Postby Benny » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:43 pm

Good for you music man!! If Indmar told me I could only buy their motor if I bought a certain pump of their choice I would have told them ..Smoke It too. I have a feeling this will hurt them more than help their sales.
Benny
Novice Baiter

Postby Music Man » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:52 pm

tnairn wrote:That's pretty standard for oem manufacturers. Just means if you really don't like it you are stuck buying the housing and selling it after you receive your package. As long as you are not a builder I guess

Why should i have to do that in this age? This is not the model "T"age.
Music Man
Forum Enthusiast

Postby tnairn » Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:00 pm

Is mercury any different?
tnairn
Master Baiter

Postby Music Man » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:06 am

Don't know, don't care. Don't want one of those. :Drink:
Music Man
Forum Enthusiast

Postby Wiskey Tango Foxtrot » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:16 pm

Guy's , can I ask a question here ? Wiskey Tango Foxtrot has any of the above got to do with "Mini Boat Seat's " just asking ?
I took the Short Bus to school because they told me it was "Faster".....What did they tell you ?
Wiskey Tango Foxtrot
Buoy Boy

Postby Music Man » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:01 pm

All has to do with building mini boats. :Drink:
Music Man
Forum Enthusiast

Return to Mini Boats