Sponsor Directory

Bush Boat

Moderators: customweld-1, CWboats

Bush Boat

Postby Ahusk » Sat May 05, 2018 1:26 pm

You guys may want to update the page on your website that is dedicated to the bush boat. I was just quoted 20,000 more than the base price from one of your dealers. Unless a six liter is a 20,000 option I assume your website is out of date.
Ahusk
First Mate

Re: Bush Boat

Postby Isotope » Sat May 05, 2018 8:36 pm

It all depends on how many boxes you check. I’m guessing you had to have asked for more than a plain 20’ bush with a 6.0...
Isotope
Deck Swab

Postby Ahusk » Sat May 05, 2018 8:51 pm

https://www.pdxmarine.com/default.asp?p ... wInventory

Pretty sure this one doesn't have a lot of options. If it does they are hiding well. I know it's a .190 bottom because I asked. The price is not unexpected just no where near what Custom Weld website says. If the base price has gone up they should change it that's all.
Ahusk
First Mate

Postby Isotope » Sun May 06, 2018 9:56 am

It's a 21' (more money). It's a shallow water special (more money). It looks like an upgraded trailer + wheels (more money). Your best bet is to call Riverview Marina and talk to someone at the main shop, IMO. Then you can also customize to your liking/budget.
Isotope
Deck Swab

Postby Ahusk » Sun May 06, 2018 10:18 am

How much does it cost to add a foot? I bet it's less than $1000 to the builder. It has $500 worth of wheels on the trailer. What is a shallow water special? I don't see UHMW or steel under there. 3/16 bottom sure ain't special.

It's a nice boat but still doesn't look anything like $20,000 in options. Hopefully when Brice sees this he will chime in. He priced one out just over a year ago with way more options and it was barely over that number. Again maybe I am missing something.

My point actually has nothing to do with the options price. Here's the issue. I like customwelds and am a definite fan of the bush boat line. So I am fully prepared for that boat to be 50,000 with the options. You are forced to call the dealer to get a price because in the shitty sales tactics they won't just list a price. So you finally do call an find out the boat is 33 percent more than the base model website price. I am what I would consider an informed buyer and I can't figure out where the 20,000 in options are.

So my point is the dealer and customweld should

A. Make damn sure all the options are layed out to show the customer where the value added is.

B. Get Customweld to change there website to control some sticker shock factor.

C. List the price on your website to save us both wasted time.
Ahusk
First Mate

Postby Mule » Sun May 06, 2018 11:25 pm

Just from looking at the pictures and description in the link. I see front and rear grab rails, full length swim deck, hydro-turf, storage box rear seats, canvas top, 1/4" bottom, fancy wheels, 6.0l engine, and a glove box on top of an extra foot of boat.
The CW guys may chime in and correct me here, but the advertised price for the BUSH is for the base model. That means a good ol Chevy 350 and a 312 pump in a 20' tub that floats and drives. Most anything else will cost you something.
Yes, the base is very umm... Basic, but that's the point of having a custom build, right? Add what you want and don't pay for what you don't want. IMO it's a win-win. FWIW, I've had mine for 2 years and about 350 hours. Still love it and wouldn't hesitate to buy another.
2016 Custom Weld Bush Boat
350 Vortec
Kodiak 3 Stage Pump
Mule
Novice Baiter

Postby CWboats » Tue May 08, 2018 4:15 pm

Ahusk wrote:You guys may want to update the page on your website that is dedicated to the bush boat. I was just quoted 20,000 more than the base price from one of your dealers. Unless a six liter is a 20,000 option I assume your website is out of date.

Hi there Ahusk,
Sorry for the misinformation of the current price of the Bush Boat on our website, could the price you were looking at have been just for the baseline build of a Bush Series? Most of our dealers carry a Bush Series that have a bunch of extras added onto what our baseline model is. Our website is a bit out of date. However, we are in the process of creating a BRAND NEW website currently.

Thank you. Feel free to give us a call at 208-750-1313 if you have any questions or would like any more information on our boats.
-Custom Weld
CWboats
Beer Boy

Postby customweld-1 » Tue May 08, 2018 5:32 pm

Hey guys!! Yes that boat has over 21K in additional options. Carpet, Paint, lay down windshield, grab rail, extra ft., 6.0L tilt steering, dash mount control rear seat boxes, heater, wipers, folding top, side curtins and back drop. upgraded trailer. and I think even more. The boat is AWESOME. it runs amazing,
customweld-1
Forum Page Sponsor

Return to Custom Weld