Sponsor Directory

Seat and Console heights

Discuss everything to do with Outboard Jets.

Seat and Console heights

Postby rockdodger » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:47 am

I'm starting to add a front deck and dual consoles to my 1848 Nova jon boat. Right now it has no floor and bench seats like a rowboat. I am looking for some numbers from the floor up to the seat and dash/console on factory rigged boats. I'll get some pictures and measurements up tonight for my boat. It has pretty low sides but I'd like to be up high enough to see well. Thanks
Erich
rockdodger
Deck Swab

Re: Seat and Console heights

Postby holdmybeer » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:03 pm

Erich,

Here are some numbers that work for me quite well. Measurements are from deck to top of seat pad.

The operator seat behind the console is height adjustable on a Springfield air ride pedestal at 18 1/2 inches down to 23 inches up.

The console is 36 inches tall with an angled face, the bottom lip of which is 26 inches off the deck.

The nav seat on a lockbox in front of the console is 20 inches above the deck as are each of the side seats made to fit on Engel coolers and secured with stainless turnbuckles.

The front casting platform is 12 1/2 inches above the deck with a leaner/sit pad that is also on a Springfield air ride pedestal at 26 inches down and 32 1/2 inches up.

I spent a very long time figuring out this floorplan, and after three yeras now, I wouldn't change a thing.

Best of luck.
holdmybeer
Boat Enthusiast

Postby rockdodger » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:45 pm

Awesome thanks so much! I did a little measuring and from the floor to front deck will be 13". Floor to top of gunnel is 16". I think I'm ready to tear out the center bench and get some aluminum ordered. I'll start a project thread when I do.
Attachments
BOAT2.JPG
rockdodger
Deck Swab

Postby holdmybeer » Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:21 am

An afterthought Rock, put your single seats on lockable swivels. The utility they add is well worth the minimal cost. They'll increase height by about three quarters of an inch or so. Greatly improves comfort for such activities as side drifting.
holdmybeer
Boat Enthusiast

Return to Outboard Jet