Sponsor Directory

something from sunday

Discuss everything to do with Outboard Jets.

something from sunday

Postby goatracing610 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:37 am

starting to get the hang of this solar 470, a couple more trips out I might just about get it right
goatracing610
Beer Boy

Re: something from sunday

Postby chyp » Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:02 am

Very cool. I thought we were gonna get to see the helicopter have to come and get you there towards the end.

Obviously you've been running rivers and reading water for quite a while but what are the biggest learning curves/challenges in learning how to pilot an inflatable with a tiller?

c
chyp
Beer Boy

Re: something from sunday

Postby goatracing610 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:09 pm

After 12 years of normal jetboating , its quite difficult to use a tiller to steer up and down a river, as the boat drifts around with the current as well which means that lining up corners is a completely different approach.Im starting to get the hang of downstream, just a quick idle to keep the boat lined up in the direction that you want, as the boats already floating you dont need go fasterto plane like a jetboat does.The speed of every thing is a lot slower and the boat is nearly unbreakable -it will bounce of nearly anything. The last time I took a jetboat through there I hit something so hard the gopro snapped off along with 3 of the engine mounts and I had to cut the side out of the boat to replace/repair it.
goatracing610
Beer Boy

Return to Outboard Jet