Sponsor Directory

Wooly Prices

Discuss everything to do with Outboard Jets.

Wooly Prices

Postby Htnbuks » Sun May 17, 2020 7:09 am

Does anyone have any close numbers or what they paid for a Wooly? I’m looking at an Alaskan, Alaskan 17 XL and 20 XL. Thanks
Htnbuks
Deck Swab

Re: Wooly Prices

Postby Riverjohn » Sun May 17, 2020 8:56 am

Htnbuks wrote:Does anyone have any close numbers or what they paid for a Wooly? I’m looking at an Alaskan, Alaskan 17 XL and 20 XL. Thanks

Are you looking at new or used. Used are going to similar to other boats factoring in shape, engine, upgrades, accessories. If you are looking at new then I think you need to get prices from their dealers and then direct from Wooldridge in Seattle. My personal opinion on new Wooldridge boats is that they are overpriced for what you get. :Drink: :Drink:
Riverjohn
Captain

Postby Stumpy » Sun May 17, 2020 10:58 am

I don't know how boat dealers set their pricing, but Wooldridge has a price sheet that changes all the time. If you order a boat from Wooldridge, then you get a locked price and a spot in line on their build schedule.

The simple and straightforward answer is to call Wooldridge and talk to them.
Stumpy
Boat Enthusiast

Postby Crawdad Johnny » Mon May 18, 2020 8:42 am

I bought my Wooldridge Alaskan in 2015. I called Wooldridge and they suggested I work with a local dealer from this area. At that time, it was the same price to buy it from Wooldridge or the dealer. The dealer provided me with a multi-page document (that came from Wooldridge) that was basically a checklist to use to configure your boat by selecting options from a checklist (model, length, seating, canvas, and all the features you could imagine). Each item was clearly marked with a price so you could basically configure your own boat. I also had the option to add after market accessories that I wanted that weren't "standard" options from Wooldridge. I spent hours pouring over that info, settled on what I wanted, and sent the final checklist to the dealer and he placed the order for me. The price I paid was exactly what it should have been, based on my selected options. I then had the option of driving to Wooldridge to pick up the boat but decided to let the dealer do that since he was heading out there to pick up several other boats anyway. There was a charge for him picking it up but it was less than what it would have cost me to drive to the Seattle area and spend a couple days on the road. That being said, not sure how they handle the process today.

Wooldrige also sent me periodic updates and photos of the progress of the build, which was pretty cool.
17 Ft Wooldridge Alaskan
150/105HP Mercury Optimax, Flow-Tec Quick Steering
Crawdad Johnny
Forum Enthusiast

Postby Kamloops-Stillwater » Mon May 18, 2020 12:40 pm

It worked the same with me. I got a hold of them in June of 2018 after talking to three other builders and put a deposit down on a 20’ Alaskan XL tiller. I asked if I could make monthly deposits over the next year and pick it up in June 2019 when it was paid for and they said no problems. I worked with Danny Cook over the 12 months and can’t say enough good things about the guy. I was adding options, subtracting options, sending in sketches and he would always say no problem and provide me with a revised quote within a day or two. Virginia would update my balance remaining and provide me with a deposit receipt within 30 minutes of sending my monthly payment. As we got closer to the pickup date a few boat builds were shifted and they asked if I wanted to pickup the XL earlier. I passed and stuck with the original 12 month plan and it wasn’t a problem at all. This is my first “real” boat and again I can’t say enough good things about the experience with Wooldridge. Danny introduced me to the team in the shop and Grant made sure the trailer that I bought before coming down from British Columbia was setup perfectly before leaving their factory. The entire experience felt very personal and I highly recommend Wooldridge. That feeling like they would take care of you if anything went wrong down the road is rare today. The XL has been a fish catching machine and my family absolutely loves it for the type of fishing we do in the interior of B.C.
Kamloops-Stillwater
Deck Swab

Postby steelheadfreak » Tue May 19, 2020 11:14 am

Woolys are pricy. No doubt about it. But, in the welded alum market, you really do get what you pay for. To add, custom cost money, period. I've bought a lot of jet boats over the years. My friends have bought a lot of jet boats over the years. There are well built boats and there is not so well built. The nice thing with Wooldridge is that if you want something custom, or hokey, they don't say no. You will pay but they don't say no. Customer service is above par. They accommodate easily. For me, I bought a finished hull direct from them in Seattle. I however, bought my outboard and trailer locally where I live. There was zero issue with bringing the trailer and motor to them in my pickup to mount. This is my second Wooldridge and I can honestly say I would buy a 3rd. They are in the upper class for quality and very few boats on the market today hold their value as well as a Wooldridge. For those that say they are over priced for what you get, put it this way. A ford sedan vs a BMW or a Toyota for that matter. Sure, they get you down the road just fine all the same. But in ten years worth of use, look at your maint cost. They look at what its worth resale value wise. In short, if you can afford it, buy the Wooldridge...I bought a 17' Alaskan XL and it out performs (in my opinion) almost every boat in the same category when comparing apples to apples. Weight, floor space, handling, load carrying, static draft, wake size at cruise, fishability, drivability (includes line of sight), fuel economy, and of coarse quality of build. Its quite angular and boxy, but as a pure fishing platform, its unmatched.
steelheadfreak
Boat Enthusiast

Postby Ahusk » Tue May 19, 2020 6:22 pm

Pretty sure the dude was just looking for a ballpark price not a novel on how boat pricing schemes work:-). You all must have went to sales school at some point. Sound just like the marketing guys at the equipment supplier we used to rep.

I would help you out but I truly have no idea. I would bet North of 50k for a 20 with an outboard.
Ahusk
Captain

Postby Kamloops-Stillwater » Tue May 19, 2020 11:56 pm

Good Point.

$39K 20’ XL Tiller No Trailer, No Main Outboard, Tons of Options. Did I mention how great they were to deal with ;)
Kamloops-Stillwater
Deck Swab

Postby steelheadfreak » Wed May 20, 2020 10:06 am

Ahusk wrote:Pretty sure the dude was just looking for a ballpark price not a novel on how boat pricing schemes work:-). You all must have went to sales school at some point. Sound just like the marketing guys at the equipment supplier we used to rep.

I would help you out but I truly have no idea. I would bet North of 50k for a 20 with an outboard.

HAHAHA...….I will promote a good product and good service in a heart beat. If he had asked about an Alumaweld or a RH, I would have just stayed silent or said just buy a Wooldridge.... :Drink:
steelheadfreak
Boat Enthusiast

Postby steelheadfreak » Wed May 20, 2020 10:07 am

Htnbuks wrote:Does anyone have any close numbers or what they paid for a Wooly? I’m looking at an Alaskan, Alaskan 17 XL and 20 XL. Thanks

I sent you a PM
steelheadfreak
Boat Enthusiast

Postby Stumpy » Wed May 20, 2020 12:42 pm

So,
when determining the number of teeth in a horse's head, would it be better to engage in an academic debate, perhaps in a contentious manner, or would it be better to just look in a horse's mouth?

A person is only out the time and possibly pocket change to figure out a rather accurate price by just calling Wooldridge and asking the cost!

I also have had two of their boats. I'm a satisfied customer. If I have to buy another, I'll certainly try them first.
Stumpy
Boat Enthusiast

Postby Ahusk » Wed May 20, 2020 3:05 pm

I truly mean no offense just never understood why people don't like saying how much they paid for their boat. Maybe the OP is allergic to salesman, like me, and doesn't want to talk to one.
Ahusk
Captain

Return to Outboard Jet