Sponsor Directory

Water pump replaced. Help!

Discuss everything to do with Outboard Jets.

Water pump replaced. Help!

Postby Catfish72 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:30 am

Hey guys and gals.
I’m new to this forum. I also posted this on the mechanics thread. I’m just trying to figure out how after bringing my 40/30 Yamaha f40jea with 25 hours on it in for a look at the water pump the bill is now 704.00$. The short version is I was getting a weak stream from the motor so I figured I would have somebody take a look at it. Anyway after them having my boat for 10 days and me leaving a few messages about weather they had a diagnosis or not I finally got a call back and they said I needed a new water pump. I just said ok let me know when you get it done. I didn’t really think of asking the price because I have had water pump replaced on a few of my prop drive outboards before and it was under 200$ so here I am trying to figure out if this is really how much a new water pump costs for a jet outboard. FYI this is my first jet drive so I’m a little surprised at the cost difference here. Has anyone had their water pump replaced and is this sort of the going rate for jet drives? I really don’t want to be the guy that complains about what something costs but this seems a really high price for installation of 65$ in parts. Any help or info would be great on this. Thanks!
Catfish72
Deck Swab

Re: Water pump replaced. Help!

Postby Crawdad Johnny » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:15 am

Please see my reply in your identical posting in the mechanics section of the forum. Thank you.
17 Ft Wooldridge Alaskan
150/105HP Mercury Optimax, Flow-Tec Quick Steering
Crawdad Johnny
Novice Baiter

Re: Water pump replaced. Help!

Postby amk » Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:23 am

man I'd be ppppiis.. upset. I've learned that lesson myself. YouTube diy videos have saved me literally thousands.
amk
Deck Swab

Return to Outboard Jet