Sponsor Directory

Zodiac type hulls with jets

Discuss everything to do with Outboard Jets.

Re: Zodiac type hulls with jets

Postby handyandy » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:08 am

would be awesome if we could get those 30hp suzuki two strokes for that price. 2200 won't hardly buy you crap for a new motor here, heck people want that out of good used motors.
handyandy
Buoy Boy

Postby darush » Mon May 28, 2018 9:45 am

There is another forum on these boats that is worth checking out, Alaska Outdoors Supersite- New inflatable jet boats coming to Alaska. Looks like there is an Alaska company that is shipping Solar inflatables to the states.

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/sho ... aska/page3

https://jetechinflatables.com
darush
Deck Swab

Postby darush » Mon May 28, 2018 1:49 pm

So there is another firm in Canada selling the Solar boats as well. Glad to see some options for getting small, light jet boats with tunnels.

https://www.facebook.com/riveropsboats/
darush
Deck Swab

Postby handyandy » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:05 am

I like these inflatable jets and love the idea of something two guys could carry down to a bank and set up. The only problem is here in the states no produces or sells a little outboard jet that can easily be taken off a boat and carried. Gone for us are the days of a 25hp two stroke omc that wieghed around 130lbs. Sure the tohatsu 35hp jet is a good option for them but they weigh in around 200lbs. Any motor that heavy is getting bolted on the transom and left on which then equates to towing the craft for the most part taking away much of the advantage. Still pretty awesome what they can go through, and how much load they can handle with lower hp engines. Just wish we could get the little 25-30hp two strokes still. I don't need one but I still want one. Different note I took a chance other day ebay had a deal for 20% off anything so I threw some parts in my cart along with the jet wolf large series rubber intake 20% off made it a little over 200 bucks. Will take a while to get here, hopefully it's not a waste said screw it took a chance.
handyandy
Buoy Boy

Postby OBJETFACTORY » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:02 pm

I know a lot of guys who stand by them but I would take an aluminum sled over one of those personally
OBJETFACTORY

Postby handyandy » Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:08 pm

OBJETFACTORY wrote:I know a lot of guys who stand by them but I would take an aluminum sled over one of those personally

like I've said I can see the advantage to them if you have a light little 2s outboard your have a rig that could be carried by two men to a river that you couldn't get a boat on a trailer launched in. They could also be flown in with a bush plain to remote areas. For that to be feasible though you would need to have an older little 2s 25hp outboard with a jet like the old two cylinder omc's or mercs that weighed in a little over a 100lbs I couldn't imagine trying to carry any larger of an outboard, or imagine not bolting on any larger of an outboard permanently to a transom.
handyandy
Buoy Boy

Postby mitch184 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:37 pm

Agreed. I've got a few places that are PERFECT for a little inflatable with a 25hp 2 stroke yamaha jet. With a creative external frame pack, you can even hike that setup in a couple miles.... :) or sling it off a bigger boat

Definitely a special application though.
mitch184
Beer Boy

Postby troy sharp » Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:33 am

These boats are available in the U.S. now and are no joke. I have the 420 arrow (4.2meter 13'9") model and have been running it with a pumped omc 30 2 stroke. 2 guys and gear runs through 2 inches of water on step at over 20mph. It is a really sweet portable setup. The guys at solar have it figured out. The polyurethane protective coating on the bottom is ridiculously tough snd the inflatable floor is plenty rigid enough to stand on.
troy sharp
Deck Swab

Postby troy sharp » Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:40 am

handyandy wrote:I like these inflatable jets and love the idea of something two guys could carry down to a bank and set up. The only problem is here in the states no produces or sells a little outboard jet that can easily be taken off a boat and carried. Gone for us are the days of a 25hp two stroke omc that wieghed around 130lbs. Sure the tohatsu 35hp jet is a good option for them but they weigh in around 200lbs. Any motor that heavy is getting bolted on the transom and left on which then equates to towing the craft for the most part taking away much of the advantage. Still pretty awesome what they can go through, and how much load they can handle with lower hp engines. Just wish we could get the little 25-30hp two strokes still. I don't need one but I still want one. Different note I took a chance other day ebay had a deal for 20% off anything so I threw some parts in my cart along with the jet wolf large series rubber intake 20% off made it a little over 200 bucks. Will take a while to get here, hopefully it's not a waste said screw it took a chance.

My outboard weighs 135 with the pump, i can move it by myself over logs a little ways. Made a dolly for loading it in and out of my larger boat and truck. I can also dolly the solar 420 when its rolled up pretty easily. 2 guys can carry the boat no problem, weighs just over 130 empty. 2 guys can portage it around logs blocking the stream in minutes, i can do it by myself in 20mins or so.

Yamaha just came out with a new f25 that weighs 126lbs and ob jets makes a pump for it. Theres a guy up in fairbanks running the solar 420 with a pumped f25 with good results. Suzuki 20 also has a pump available and can push a solar 380 or 420 with two guys into the high teens in modest flows. These things are revolutionary in portable jetboating
troy sharp
Deck Swab

Postby troy sharp » Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:11 am

Some if my viedeos from the last month. You can find me on facebook or instagram fairly easily as well. I'm located in Juneau, Alaska and am selling these boat in se ak through Jetech LLC out of anchorage. Im sure jum would be more than happy to ship boats south.
troy sharp
Deck Swab

Postby troy sharp » Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:17 am

handyandy wrote:I like these inflatable jets and love the idea of something two guys could carry down to a bank and set up. The only problem is here in the states no produces or sells a little outboard jet that can easily be taken off a boat and carried. Gone for us are the days of a 25hp two stroke omc that wieghed around 130lbs. Sure the tohatsu 35hp jet is a good option for them but they weigh in around 200lbs. Any motor that heavy is getting bolted on the transom and left on which then equates to towing the craft for the most part taking away much of the advantage. Still pretty awesome what they can go through, and how much load they can handle with lower hp engines. Just wish we could get the little 25-30hp two strokes still. I don't need one but I still want one. Different note I took a chance other day ebay had a deal for 20% off anything so I threw some parts in my cart along with the jet wolf large series rubber intake 20% off made it a little over 200 bucks. Will take a while to get here, hopefully it's not a waste said screw it took a chance.

I just ordered a medium foot from jet wolf, they are supposed to work fairly well, at least on the small units. Even the larger solar inflatables like the 470 or 500 with a larger motor like the tohatsu tldi have the advatage over aluminum sleds in the power to weight and stability arenas, not to mention significantly more forgiving on bouldery runs. Ive bounced off logs, rocks, and sticks with mine so far and am impressed. Cant wait to get a 500 with a double transom and remote steering for longer runs up larger rivers. The gus in siberia are doing some impressive adventures with these things.
troy sharp
Deck Swab

Postby handyandy » Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:45 am

I have the large jet wolf rubber intake on my old 70hp evinrude so far I'm pleased with it
handyandy
Buoy Boy

Previous

Return to Outboard Jet