Sponsor Directory

18 ft almar lite

Discuss everything to do with Outboard Jets.

18 ft almar lite

Postby Akhylander » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:30 am

Well I had a 2011 KingQuad that I wasn't using, I traded it for an 18 ft almarlite with 115 horsepower Yamaha 2 stroke jet. took her up to the lake Caribou hunting she ran great except for two little issues. One she Burns 11 gallons an hour number two the reserve oil tank pump only pumps for a few seconds as soon as you turn the key on so it would not fill the tank on engine. had to shut the engine off and then turn the key on off on off 25 times to fill the tank no trouble just a pain in the butt any input would be helpful was thinking about repowering her with a smaller motor for better fuel but looking for input thank you.
Akhylander
Beer Boy

Re: 18 ft almar lite

Postby MT sauger skiff » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:11 pm

"Well I had a 2011 KingQuad that I wasn't using, I traded it for an 18 ft almarlite with 115 horsepower Yamaha 2 stroke jet. took her up to the lake Caribou hunting she ran great except for two little issues. One she Burns 11 gallons an hour number two the reserve oil tank pump only pumps for a few seconds as soon as you turn the key on so it would not fill the tank on engine. had to shut the engine off and then turn the key on off on off 25 times to fill the tank no trouble just a pain in the butt any input would be helpful was thinking about repowering her with a smaller motor for better fuel but looking for input thank you."

1. It should burn about 11 gallons an hour at WOT. A smaller outboard would burn less at WOT but cost you more in terms of MPG, especially if you felt the need to run it at WOT to keep the boat on plane instead of throttling it back (due to load, hull, motor or the condition of the jet pump itself).

2. There should be a switch on the oil pump control unit (back of motor port side as I recall) that will fill the tank if the sending unit in the engine oil tank goes bad (3 switches on sender...stop, fill, alarm).
1960 MT Roughneck with 150 hp Johnson jet
1860 CJ Roughneck with 150 hp E-TEC jet
MT sauger skiff
First Mate

Return to Outboard Jet