Sponsor Directory

Scott 852 issue

Moderator: Scottwaterjet

Scott 852 issue

Postby Channonmanuel » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:21 am

Hi I'm running a Scott 852 and last year I was having some issues with the steering, some times after you slide across a gravel bar or even back up close to shore rocks get stuck in my steering. Usually you can rock the steering back and forth and it frees up but sometimes this is to late from hitting another boat or hitting a bank. Has anyone come up with a solution? I know I'm not alone on this I have a buddy with the same boat and he has experienced the same issue.
Channonmanuel
Deck Swab

Re: Scott 852 issue

Postby rockchuckar » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:26 am

No that just happens sometimes when you are in just a couple of inches of water.
rockchuckar
Forum Sponsor

Postby Channonmanuel » Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:31 am

rockchuckar wrote:No that just happens sometimes when you are in just a couple of inches of water.

yes exactly, when your running a channel that isn't very deep and there's a 45 degree turn out and the steering sticks, is not a good feeling. there has to be some kind of fix for this? I have a buddies with Hamilton's and AT 312's and neither of them have issues with the steering sticking.
Channonmanuel
Deck Swab

Postby Fiasco » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:23 pm

It happens on occasion with my 212. I think it's the pump telling me we're out of water and to get off the road.
Fiasco
Deck Swab

Postby Scottwaterjet » Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:25 pm

Hi this is not normally a problem, the most common problems we see are worn nozzles where the deflector has worn and the gap between the deflector and nozzle has become to big allowing debris to jam between the parts, we have also seen some mods where people have tried to achieve more steering lock which allows the deflector to overlap in the bowl causing jamming, have also seen skid plates hull extensions ect cause problems especially after backing off stones can sometimes sit on top of the skid plate and get caught up in the trim nozzle gimble ring. if you like you can send me some pics and more information on your setup including age and hours ect and we will endeavour to sort it out for you just use the contact page on our web site or email to scottboats@xtra.co.nz
Scottwaterjet
Forum Page Sponsor

Postby Channonmanuel » Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:34 pm

Thanks a lot for the reply. I should be getting my boat out of storage right away and I will send you the info Asap.
Channonmanuel
Deck Swab

Postby Channonmanuel » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:19 pm

I took apart the Nozel and flapper wheeled all inside to give it more clearance and haven't had any steering issues in last 20 hours!
Channonmanuel
Deck Swab

Return to Scott Waterjet