Sponsor Directory

prototype 6in. jet unit

Moderator: Scottwaterjet

Re: prototype 6in. jet unit

Postby drmiller101 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:36 pm

Scottwaterjet wrote:We are still working on the application guide line and this is the reason we are testing with a variety of combinations so that our recommendations are based on actual testing, at this stage we are focusing on boats up to 15 ft and engines up to 350 hp and boats with a wet ready to run weight under 1300 lbs. The jet is designed for small displacement high RPM engines that have moderate torque, these engines need to be able to achieve higher RPM to produce their peak outputs. The Rpm range of the engine is directly related to the diameter of the jet - shaft speed times circumference of the impellor will give you impellor tip speed, the smaller the jet the higher the usable RPM range will be, but their are numerous other factors that also come into play such as volume (weight of water) through the jet this has a big effect on hole shot, lift, and mid range throttle response which are all super important for proper jetboating, this also has a huge impact on boat handling the more volume (weight of water) through the jet the more grip the hull will have, grill size, intake geometry and height are all very important factors as is nozzle discharge position, one of the reasons (their are many) we favour the two stage is the extra length from the transom to the outlet of the steering nozzle, the extra leverage this creates for better steering and trim control cannot be over stressed especially in a small boat, this also greatly enhances reverse operation as the water can be turned further back before it is redirected under the boat with the reverse bucket this allows for a much better water angle under the boat and a more effective reverse .

some good info in this post.
drmiller101
Master Baiter

Postby rockchuckar » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:05 am

First one in the US should be here in a week. I'm looking forward to getting my hands on it and to start testing.
rockchuckar
Forum Sponsor

Postby rockchuckar » Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:02 pm

Here you go. This jet was sent to these guys as a prototype to see if they would find any necessary changes that need to be made to ease in installation. They found a couple things so we have fixed those. They just got it on the water. 4 meters is 13 ft. 2 in. for those who don't know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... dhodxYgUeA
rockchuckar
Forum Sponsor

Postby rockchuckar » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:31 am

The first 612 has finally arrived into North America. It is now going to be tested in the boat that I am driving in my avatar picture. It is a 14 ft. open bow boat with a Rotax 215 hp SC engine. This boat configuration will allow us to load it down with weight and see just what we can expect out of the new jet. :Drink:
rockchuckar
Forum Sponsor

Postby Lincoln » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:41 pm

Since you are concerned about weight does that mean you are taking me for a ride this weekend?
Lincoln
Captain

Postby T-REX » Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:53 pm

Any updates on how the pump performed?
19' Firefish, Hammerhead.
LSA 6.2 / Scott pump.
T-REX
Deck Swab

Postby rockchuckar » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:07 pm

Still working on the retro fit. As soon as it is on the water I will let you know.
rockchuckar
Forum Sponsor

Postby rockchuckar » Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:39 pm

Just thought I would give everyone interested an update on the new 612 jet pump.

I was able to get the test boat in the water for a first water test here in North America a few weeks ago. Because it was so cold it was a very short test. The 612 worked incredibly well on it's first test. As soon as the weather warms up some I will be trying out some different impeller/ nozzle combinations so we can get a better idea of what impellers we will offer for each engine/ hp range that people are using. This is going to be one very nice jet pump once we have everything dialed in.

I'll give some further updates as we try different impellers.
rockchuckar
Forum Sponsor

Postby rockchuckar » Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:52 pm

100_0864.JPG
100_0863.JPG
100_0862.JPG
Here are some pictures of the new 612 installed into the test boat. Engine is a 2006 Rotax 215 hp SC 4 Tec
rockchuckar
Forum Sponsor

Postby Ushliyribak » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:35 am

rockchuckar wrote:Just thought I would give everyone interested an update on the new 612 jet pump.

I was able to get the test boat in the water for a first water test here in North America a few weeks ago.

Hi guys.
Could you give me a mounting dimensions of Jet 612 for installation into the hull. I need a installation scheme for placement of the jet 612. Maybe, is there a 3D model in any computer program with exact dimensions? My engineer requires it from me. Please send me the file.
Thanks!
Ushliyribak
Deck Swab

Postby rockchuckar » Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:08 am

Sent you a pm
rockchuckar
Forum Sponsor

Postby Humpy » Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:52 pm

Are there any numbers on this yet?
Humpy
Deck Swab

Postby rockchuckar » Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:16 am

There are some new impellers in the mail right now. I hope to be doing more testing this next week.
rockchuckar
Forum Sponsor

Postby SwampDonkey » Wed May 14, 2014 7:51 pm

What size is that drive shaft?
Any progress with the new blades?
SwampDonkey
Deck Swab

Postby rockchuckar » Wed May 14, 2014 8:22 pm

The drive shaft is 1 1/4 in. 2205 Stainless Steel -- the good stuff. The new impellers just shipped today ( someone forgot to pack them in the last shipment :RTFM: ) so hopefully next week I can report on how they worked.
rockchuckar
Forum Sponsor

Postby rockchuckar » Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:01 am

Testing update---------- The 612 is working awesome. It has all of the properties that our larger pumps have. It stays hooked up in whitewater and hard cornering and runs sand and small gravel thru it without a hitch. So far we have got all the engines we have tested figured out as far as impeller/nozzle combinations except for the Rotax 4-Tec engine. It has been a difficult engine to figure out, but we are getting there. We are ready to start taking a limited number of orders on the 612 provided you aren't using the Rotax 4-tec. Once we nail down the Rotax engine we will be moving forward quite rapidly on stocking the 612 here in North America.
rockchuckar
Forum Sponsor

Postby Ushliyribak » Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:20 am

What exactly was the problem with the Rotax 4-Tec engine?
Ushliyribak
Deck Swab

Postby rockchuckar » Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:21 am

There is not a problem with the engine. The problem is figuring out what power it has and when it develops it so we know what impellers/nozzles to use .
rockchuckar
Forum Sponsor

Postby jetboatwanabe » Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:41 pm

Can you give me a price point for this pump so I know if I want to wait or look for a different way to go. thanks :Drink: :bash:
Rock Hauler and new jet boat owner YE HA 10 foot MOTO-JET
sold MOTO-JET and starting new build CJC marine MINI 12 foot, getting wet soon but still paddling for now!
jetboatwanabe
Master Baiter

Postby jetboatwanabe » Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:04 pm

Thanks for getting back to me sir that's what I needed to know. :Drink: :bash:
Rock Hauler and new jet boat owner YE HA 10 foot MOTO-JET
sold MOTO-JET and starting new build CJC marine MINI 12 foot, getting wet soon but still paddling for now!
jetboatwanabe
Master Baiter

Previous

Return to Scott Waterjet