Sponsor Directory

LED Lights

Moderator: PPI

LED Lights

Postby markh2000 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:08 am

After months of research, we have settled on a company to manufacture our own line of LED lights. We just placed our first order and have a good selection of lights coming soon to offer to the aluminum boat industry. Keep watching we will add pictures and more info soon.
markh2000
Forum Page Sponsor

Re: LED Lights

Postby danceswithrocks » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:44 pm

Trailer lights? Submersable?
I don't want justice, I need mercy.
danceswithrocks
Forum Enthusiast

Postby markh2000 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:05 pm

I have not ordered any trailer lights (yet) but i will see what we can get from our sources, for a submesible LED trailer stop/turn light and the marker lights.

Good question....
markh2000
Forum Page Sponsor

Postby TRANS AM FISHING » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:36 pm

Monblock wrote:Made in the US or china?

That is a great question.
Life is good go fish
69 GTO JUDGE
2006 HCM RUSH
TRANS AM FISHING
Forum Enthusiast

Postby markh2000 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:28 pm

The lights we are currently importing are from China. We are also talking to Rigid lights, which I think are one of the only brands based here in the US, and we are working on adding their lights to our selection as well. We researched numerous other brands, most of which were made in China, and chose a manufacturer that we felt could deliver the quality and type of light we wanted, and at a price the industry can stomach. When you do the research, you will find one of the most important components of an LED (light emitting diode) light, is the circuitry and emittor. Currently there are three main companies in the world making these components. Osram, in Germany, Epistar, in Tiawan and Cree in the US. The company making our lights uses USA made "Cree" LED chips and emitter bulbs in the construction of most of their lights. Rigid also uses these same companies products from overseas and they do assemble them in the US. The Rigid light may have superior optics as well.

As I search thru the numerous products we are looking at, I find that many of the companies you think are offering all US made products, actually import many major components from overseas (usually China) sometimes having them assembled in a place like Mexico (which has cheeper labor than China) then bring them into the US for final packaging to be sold. And sometimes with a "Made in the USA" stamp on it, even though the cardboard box may be the only thing truely from the US.

The bottom line is; we intend to offer top quality products, that we would use on our own boats, and that we can stand behind. And we will go anywhere on the globe to get them. Compare our warranty to everyone elses, that will give you an idea of the commitment we are making to finding good products. If anyone has a problem with one of our lights, or any other product we sell, we will stand behind it. And, in most cases we have warranty agreements with our component suppliers, that give us recourse to go back to the manufacturer for replacement as well, which shows their commitment to quality.

We currently are bringing in products from China, Tiawan, Japan, Germany, Austria, Italy, Mexico, Canada and probably a few others I am forgetting. But, most importantly we get everything we can, and perform as much work as we can, right here in the USA!
markh2000
Forum Page Sponsor

Postby TRANS AM FISHING » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:12 pm

Thanks for the explanation.
Life is good go fish
69 GTO JUDGE
2006 HCM RUSH
TRANS AM FISHING
Forum Enthusiast

Postby Bodofish » Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:50 am

Excelent explanation and all I'm going to say is in biz you make and buy what people are willing to buy. It seems the only thing that matters is price. My closest friend just closed up shop after 35 years of manufacturing items for the hospitality industry. He was the lone USA manufacture and had customers world wide and they bought because of quality. He resisted offshore manufactures and in the end he offered a second line but it was too late. All his customers wanted the highest quality of a USA made product but only wanted to pay offshore prices, he sold a lot but it was short lived. In the end he took back almost 30% of of the offshore products becuase his customers wanted the quality but were unwilling to pay for it, he should have merged the lines from the start. Mark, you 're doing it right, get the price point people are willing to pay regardless of origin. There are quality manufactures around the world, just got to pick the right ones. Rock it and best of luck in these time!
Image Beer, Cigars, Fish'in stuff, Every chance I get.
Bodofish
Captain

Postby markh2000 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:50 am

Bodofish, thanks for your comment. We are doing a ton of research trying to get the best products for the best value. You would not believe the enormous amount of players their are in the LED light business, trying to get thru the layers of distributers (middle men) so we can deal direct with the manufacturers is always our goal. We currently have a Asian manufacturer who makes LED lights for many other companies and brands them with the customers name. They are making lights for us, and I think they will be of good quality. First shippment will be here by mid Feb. and we will do some testing of our own to compare them to the Rigid brand lights. We are currently getting set up as a Rigid distributer as well, so we will offer this well known light series for those who want a US made light. More on these subjects to follow.....
markh2000
Forum Page Sponsor

Postby BK13 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:57 pm

Mark:

I have a question for you. On the lights with two beam patterns, are the light groups individually switched? Or do the fog and spot patterns all come on at once?

Thanks.

Kurt
I didn't get to where I am today by worrying about how I was going to feel tomorrow.
Ron White
BK13
Boat Enthusiast

Postby markh2000 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:03 pm

On some of our lights, the flood and spot beam groups of lights do have a separate hot wire going to the two different groups of lights enabling a person to switch each on separately, or twist the wires together and turn them all on at once, which is what I do...
markh2000
Forum Page Sponsor

Postby BK13 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:36 pm

Thank you, sir.
I didn't get to where I am today by worrying about how I was going to feel tomorrow.
Ron White
BK13
Boat Enthusiast

Postby Great White » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:33 am

Hey Mark,

I was speaking with Doug yesterday about purchasing some deck lights and the 20" 4 row light bar.

Doug mentioned you have 3 light bars mounted on your boat....you have pics of what they look like, and a night pic of one light illuminating the share line?

Thanks,

Wayne
21' Custom Weld WWS...LS3/212.
Great White
First Mate

Postby markh2000 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:00 pm

Wayne,
Here is a pic of the LED lights I have on top of my boat, no night time pic yet. 17" long, 4 row combo spot & flood pattern at 216 watts output each.

Call Doug or Clint, 509-243-7840 to get more info or go to our [url]pacificpowertraininc.com[/url] website
Attachments
DSCF2126.JPG
markh2000
Forum Page Sponsor

Postby Smoke Show » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:01 am

oh snap.... that would be nice!
18' Ali-Craft LSA/212
Smoke Show
Forum Enthusiast

Postby Great White » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:46 am

Nice set light set up....thanks.
21' Custom Weld WWS...LS3/212.
Great White
First Mate

Postby savage-shtr » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:15 am

Smoke Show wrote:oh snap.... that would be nice!

what....the shop big enough for your 29' HCM
savage-shtr
Captain

Postby Smoke Show » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:28 pm

savage-shtr wrote:
Smoke Show wrote:oh snap.... that would be nice!

what....the shop big enough for your 29' HCM

well I bought a big enough place that I can fit the boat but the trouble with that is by the time I bought the place I couldn't afford a 29' boat! lol

I was reffering to all the lights on his roof. Would be nice at night!
18' Ali-Craft LSA/212
Smoke Show
Forum Enthusiast

Postby savage-shtr » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:32 pm

yes. Its sweet
savage-shtr
Captain

Postby Calredneck » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:53 pm

Mark Do you get much glare on the wind shield thru the sky lights with your lights on top? And is there dead spot of little light in front of your boat that the top blocks?
Calredneck
Forum Enthusiast

Postby markh2000 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:10 am

Calredneck,
Yes, with the sky lights I have in front of the light bars, I do get glare inside the cab. I intend to fix this by having my upholsterer (Shawn Mattoon) make me some snap in blinds for the underside of my sky light windows. These blinds will stow under the seats when not in use.
There is enough slope to the roof that I do not notice any dead spot, perhaps there could be one in the first 10' in front of the boat but I don't notice anything.
markh2000
Forum Page Sponsor

Next

Return to Pacific Powertrain